just bought a 1969 A56 cuda

-
Reaction score
Hi guys I picked up an A56 cuda notch back numbers matcing 340 4 speed car and trying to find out some more about it.Can anyone tell me what the A56 package came with? I know its a Cuda package.and I know it is 1 of 68 made but im trying to find out how many notch backs were made.I will get some pictures up the week some time.

xscuseless.gif

Besides the simulated hood scoops, twin hood stripes, and lower body blackout with fender callouts, pretty much any option available on a 340 Barracuda. Nice find, and like Joe said ^^

Grant

Hi guys I picked up an A56 cuda notch back numbers matcing 340 4 speed car and trying to find out some more about it.Can anyone tell me what the A56 package came with? I know its a Cuda package.and I know it is 1 of 68 made but im trying to find out how many notch backs were made.I will get some pictures up the week some time.

WELL you answered one of your own questions! 1 OF 68.

'cuda package came with all the same HD stuff as a Formula-S and black grills.
'cuda package is really just a stripe and hood scoop package over the formula-S stuff.
Formula-S has blacked out rear finish panel with a round FS emblem.
'cuda has the standard Barracuda rear finish panel, argent silver with fish emblem.
Another thing is 'cuda package came standard with the lowest option bench seat that is rarely seen. It's the folding bench WITHOUT the folding armrest in the middle. Tag code would be L2_ 3rd digit designates color....L2X is black bench no armrest.

Can you post fender tag pic or list all the codes? Pics of car also?
Or PM these to me and i'll decode your tag. I currently have 6 'cuda package cars and 2 383-S, 4spd coupes.

Nice find!

You are right, the car is 1 of 68 4 speeds. They did 30 autos. You can drill down more once you know the specific options, but I can tell you that finding an A56 notch is hard enough by itself. I can also tell you that I used to have one (gallery plug below), but I believe that car went to Sweden. If you can post the fender tag, I can assure you people will decode it for you in short order.
I would be interested to see when yours was produced and with what options and bounce that off of my cars info. Here is my old fender tag:
vbpgimage.php

I can also tell you that the 340/4spd combo is one of my favorites! :burnout:

Nice find either way. That car is sought after by a few members on here (perfweld is one member that is looking for a notch, and there are other notch fans as well, myself included). Post some pics and know that you have a rare fishy on your hands. Also, be aware that Hamtramck Historical has no records for 1969.

If the car is in running and driving shape, that is even better. If it needs restoration, take it slowly and do it right.

Hi Guys thanks for the info I still havent got the picsyet but here is the info on the car.

N85 R11 V78
A56 C16 C55 G33 M21 M47
R6 R6 H6X X9 116 B12825
E55 D21 BH23P9B259237

Nice find.Really fond of the notchbacks.Everyone,in the day I know wanted the FB's.

well it is in driving and running condition.It is a driver and could use some work and the some one move the hood scoops and opened them up so i need to change that to.I have some pictures but not sure how to put them up so once i figure it out I will post them.

E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73
D21Heavy Duty 4-Speed Manual Transmission
BH23B = Plymouth Barracuda
H = High
23 = 2 Door Hardtop
P9B P = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
9 = 1969
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
259237 Sequence Number '259237
R6 Paint Code: Unknown At This Time
H6XTrim Grade/Style/Color
H = High
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X = Black
X9 Upper Door Frame: Unknown At This Time
116 Date Built: 1 / 16 / 1969
012825 Order Number: 012825
C16 Roof Type OR Color: Console w/ Buckets
C55 Bucket Seats
G33 Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M47 Cuda Ornament Option
R6 Unknown At This Time
N85 Tachometer
R11 Music Master Radio AM
V78 Accent Stripes - Delete
A56 'Cuda 340 Package

I took your B12825 and modified it...that is the order number and should be 6 numbers with no letters...R6 red with a black interior...nice combo.
1969-plymouth-exterior-colors.jpg

I am sure if you have pics and e-mail to a member, they would be willing to help you post them.

I was fortunate to be able to buy one new! I ordered a Yellow one, black stripes on the hood, '340 Cuda in black on the quarter panels. It was a 4 speed with 3:91 Sure Grip.

It would run 14:50's all day long. I won several trophies with it at Thunder Valley in Marion, SD. The 1st came at the old Sioux City dragsrtip. I still had the dealer plates on it and beat a '69 350 hp SS 396 Chevelle in the finals! He was not happy and accused me of cheating. I had done nothing to the car except check the air in the tires.

I have photos of the car and will try to post some if I can figured out how to scan them in. I sold it and had a chance to buy it back several years ago for $5000.

Great find on your car! One of the best Mopars built!

Pa karp

Nice find!

You are right, the car is 1 of 68 4 speeds. They did 30 autos. You can drill down more once you know the specific options, but I can tell you that finding an A56 notch is hard enough by itself. I can also tell you that I used to have one (gallery plug below), but I believe that car went to Sweden. If you can post the fender tag, I can assure you people will decode it for you in short order.
I would be interested to see when yours was produced and with what options and bounce that off of my cars info. Here is my old fender tag:
vbpgimage.php

I can also tell you that the 340/4spd combo is one of my favorites! :burnout:

Nice find either way. That car is sought after by a few members on here (perfweld is one member that is looking for a notch, and there are other notch fans as well, myself included). Post some pics and know that you have a rare fishy on your hands. Also, be aware that Hamtramck Historical has no records for 1969.

If the car is in running and driving shape, that is even better. If it needs restoration, take it slowly and do it right.

can you say repro tag

Because there is no bend mark on the upper left corner? There should be 5 options on the second line not 6? Is there more than that? There was a build sheet behind the seat...Tag was there when I bought it.

Hi guys sorry I fell off the face of the earth right after I posted but I when through a divorce.

Here a few up dates. I pulled the motor and the 4 speed and rebuilding them right now last thing I want was to wreck them cause she a numbers matching

-
Back