Just Business

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you will love this!

Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's.

This is not a far fetched example. Many new managers come into a company to "trim the fat" so to say. Sometimes they fire the wrong people and piss off the "good" workers. I've seen it myself...never been fired but I've seen what can happen when the head of the company doesn't have the guts to fire people for himself.

treblig

never been fired but I've seen what can happen when the head of the company doesn't have the guts to fire people for himself.

treblig

i got fired once
but that was more due to "horseplay and destruction of property" than trimming the fat

My son was moving his car to a closer parking spot at break time and hit another car. The union rep said both driver's will be suspended for 5 days. He has never had so much as a write up. Seems extreme to me. Not to mention the 4500 worth of damage to his 2017 Mazda 3. Unions in the South are not very strong

My son was moving his car to a closer parking spot at break time and hit another car. The union rep said both driver's will be suspended for 5 days. He has never had so much as a write up. Seems extreme to me. Not to mention the 4500 worth of damage to his 2017 Mazda 3. Unions in the South are not very strong
the Union rep handed out the punishment? or just got the job of notifying the members that they were getting poked?

If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you will love this!

Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's.
I just read this out loud to the people I work with - good stuff! :lol:

the Union rep handed out the punishment? or just got the job of notifying the members that they were getting poked?
I believe he got the job. Supposedly he tried to get off with a warning

-
Back