Just downloaded windows 10

-
Love it.. We are moving my work and 33,000 computers to it this fall... We have to wait for school to start first..

You can install it anyway you want but once it does one update the files will be sent out to Microsoft. No big deal at all.. do nothing wrong.. no reason to sweat someone watching you.

Nice, NOT!!

A more serious question...........do you know this so called "free upgrade" works? That is, does this disable being able to back to W7 if you so choose?

That is correct, that there is no undoing it once it's done.
The only choice would be a format and reinstall of a previous OS.

What does a person do if the upgrade fails or gets interrupted?
Call MS for support for a free upgrade? :D That'll cost ya.

Well in the meantime your computer is dead.

WAY to sketchy to trust for my taste.

What I was getting at, is do you know if the MS "fone home" program (activation) tracks whatever you upgraded and disables being able to reinstall it, say, W7

From what I understand if you do it within the first 30 days of loading Windows 10 you can revert back to your previous OS if you don't like 10." Settings>update and security>Recovery."

What I was getting at, is do you know if the MS "fone home" program (activation) tracks whatever you upgraded and disables being able to reinstall it, say, W7

Oh ok, I have not seen any indication of this anywhere.

From what I understand if you do it within the first 30 days of loading Windows 10 you can revert back to your previous OS if you don't like 10." Settings>update and security>Recovery."

Nor this, but I'll watch for it.
So far all I have seen was once the upgrade (haha) is done that's it.

Depending on which browser you use, you should look for an add-on or extension called AdBlock Plus. It blocks all (ok, MOST) of those ads that pop up. I don't know how I managed for so long without it! It works really well on Firefox and Chrome, but is mediocre at best on Internet Explorer.

You got it! I just installed AdBlock Plus a couple of days ago on my Mozilla and blam, much quicker.

that's what I was thinking.....at very least, if I do it, wont be until I evacuate my puter of everything pertaining to me.

I didn't realize how much a person accumulates stuff on the puter. I have a ton of music and picture files that were not even backed up till now.

nothing that would be a huge major deal if I lost but the average person doesn't think to back everything up daily.......at least I don't. I back everything up to an external on thanksgiving break when I have time usually.

This>>> I am downloading the ISO version of 64 bit, so I can make installation DVD's of them instead of the upgrade download.

And I am waiting for at least a month to see what crops up, :violent1: according to MicroShaft we have a year to upgrade...

This is what I found http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-8-easy-3615606/

I just looked in my settings like shown in post # 29 and there is a section to revert back to what ever OS you had

Well someone screwed up somewhere then, as it can't be MS that will let you fix a screwed up upgrade.
OH!, it probably doesn't actually work. :D
That's how it's usually done.

Seriously though, I have only had a small amount of time with 10 so far, so I'm sure there are some things to explore.
By the time I got through the settings that share your entire life with the world I didn't have much more patience for it at the time.

Skynet has now come online....

my thoughts exactly. A system that can spy on you and use your bandwidth and computer from another machine....yeah that's not good

my thoughts exactly. A system that can spy on you and use your bandwidth and computer from another machine....yeah that's not good

This part does concern me and I would like to find out more about it before it's too late. They say it's only people in your contact list and most of mine are far enough away they couldn't get on any way. I'm sure it won't take long for the hackers to figure a way around this.

I'm still running Winows8..... My system has offered the free upgrade, BUT I know the system I've got won't handle 10..........it barely handles 8 now, so...... WHEN I have some $$$$$$ to spare, I plan to get a new system, then a bit better then what I have!

Had W10 installed for a day and went back to W7.
No video drivers for my card and W10 so the screen was out of wack no matter what settings I used.
Maybe I''ll give it another try when I have to upgrade my hardware but for now W7 works fine.
I use a free version of Macrium to backup every month and that's how I switched back to W7 after the W10 install.
:coffee2:

Thought I'd get this to the top so all the Windows 10 threads will be close together.:). I did ditch the Edge browser and go back to my Google Chrome. Not real happy about the privacy issues with 10 but how much do we really have any more any ways ?

Just went back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10

Got tired of all the downloads messing up my other software.

I'm a happy camper now:D

i downloaded 10 a few days ago and its been running fast and smooth. had and loved windows 7. my daughter has windows 8 on her lap top and that has got to be the worst version of windows i have ever used.

i downloaded 10 a few days ago and its been running fast and smooth. had and loved windows 7. my daughter has windows 8 on her lap top and that has got to be the worst version of windows i have ever used.

just reserved windows 10 for a later download. think I`m going to back out before I start it !!

-
Back