Just got 2 dart projects this past week

-

GRANCUDA

Reaction score
Here are two darts we picked up this week to start working on off craigslist. *The '69 has a big block and a 727 and it came with a 8-3/4" rear housing and axles. *The '72 has a 225 /6 with auto. *Both are really solid and niether need trunk floors or floor pans and both look to have good window channels. *The '69 is 100% original paint and the '72 has been painted but has clear peeling. *The '69 came with a spool type K-member and the attached disk brakes and manual gear box but I don't know how to tell for sure if this is a A body kmember.

It's a A body K since only an A body K will fit.

The 8 3/4 and K-member are not yet in the car. I need to verify the flange to flange on the housing and what the k-member assy is out of before I plan on using them.

The number stamped on the K-member is stamped with the number 452M401
Anyone have something that lists part numbers for these?

Hey Gran, let me know if you need measurements. I just got the K member I pulled from a 73 Scampi a while back (dad had it in storage).
Cooter

Plan is to make them both drivers, the '69 will be retain a bigblock and get an 8 3/4 low gears, the '72 will get a 360 with auto and retain the small rear end with high gears. Both will need dash pads and new front seat covers, get vinyl tops put back on and probably the hood blacked out on the '72 with some SuperBee style scoops and the '69 will probably get a fiberglass 6 pack hood. Slots will stay on the '72 and the '69 will get maybe just some black steel wheels with redlines, not sure on that yet.

cooter, can you measure the center to center across the mounting holes and front to back on the mounting holes? that would help out and I could see then if it is abody

-
Back