Just got a 1976 Dart Sport

-

dartguy2360

Reaction score
Well I purchased a 76 Dart Sport today, 318, Bucket Seats, Air, Power Steering, and Power front disc brakes. It is a California car with no rust but a little damage on the front right fender (nothing that a body hammer and a skim coat of filler won't fix) and a good assortment of dings BUT NO RUST. I only have one picture at the moment but will be posting more as the project progresses.

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 371
Welcome, from another "beak" owner.

Looks like you have a solid start there, from what I can see.

The engine starts and runs but has a moderate miss. So I did a wet and dry compression test on the engine and discovered that the rings are toast on 3 cylinders. I have decided to replace rather that rebuild the engine to save time. If anybody near Florida has a 318-340-360 engine for sale please let me know.

Well I have been very busy with work but I am finally making progress on the Dart. I purchased a 318 engine and transmission out of a 1968 Barracuda, the engine runs perfectly but I had the trans rebuilt at a local shop. The engine was orange so I painted it Chrysler blue because it is going into a 1976 car. The old engine and trans are out and I am hoping to have it on the road by Monday or Tuesday.:finga:

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 214
  • dart Sport 2016.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 186
It's alive!!! The engine is in and running and the dual exhaust with Flows are on but I have some tuning and small cosmetic engine items to address and then its on to rebuilding the front suspension and steering.

Attachments

• IMG_2213.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 111
-
Back