Just got a TRUCK!!!! A '68 Sweptline !!!

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Just won the auction for this sweet little truck. I may have over paid a little but there are some extras included in the deal. Shipping to my house and tons of spare parts. Not to mention a California truck with black plates. My 440 and 727 that's been sitting in the garage the past few years now has a home. :cheers:

Don't have pics I can load up but here's the auction link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...806589&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

That is a nice looking sweptline. And it looks like it already has a bunch of upgrades, the disk brake set up is nice. Lots of little things you don't have to spend money on later.

Pretty clean looking too. Maybe a little on the high side for no engine/trans, but if you've got one already then its still a sweet deal.

Good find! I don't think you over paid at all. Those trucks in that condition are hard to come by. Plus its still got the rear bumper, in great shape, as well as the 'rare' dash mounted shifter. Also came with some cool wheels.
All in all, great buy.

Anything presmog is bucks now.Damn,I'm envious,nice score.

I think you got a killer deal nice truck besides look at it this way how much will it save you with all the upgrades already on it.I like it as is just drop in an engine/trans and go.

Congrats on the nice,new ride! I don't think you overpaid at all to me!

that truck is very nice. i love the sweptlines, they are tough old trucks. you didnt over pay at all, a good deal at that price, with the custom dash, disk brakes and original three hole mirrors. you scored:cheers:
have you been to:http://sweptline.com/

Let's all go over and play at Dave's house! He's got all the neat toys.

Nice truck! Gonna be a killer setup with your 440/727 combo. What's the future plans since I know you won't leave those bubbles in the paint alone. Color change?
Always nice to have a truck when you need one. Once you've had one it's tough to be without one. Being an older truck, the California commercial license tag cost shouldn't be too bad either.

Here's a pic for later viewers in case the link shuts down -

Attachments

• DavesTruck.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 360
Awesome find....I love the short wides....only thing that concerns me is the rust pocket in the lower part of door...I have owned several and thats the main spot for cancer..there and and rocker panels along with floorboard....

Thanks guys. I'm am excited.

@ ocdart. The extra doors and hood should come in handy when I do decide on a color change. I'm thinking B5 like my '68 Dart. But that is a long ways off. Just want to drop and go. This will be a daily use truck.

I hear that the truck has alot of one year only parts. Dash shifter was one year and grill.

Can't wait to get it home.

I'll be asking lots of 440 questions since I'm more of a smallblock guy

yes. The sweptline site is great. Will be joining that one.

Very nice !!!!!!! I have a complete 440 waiting for a new home one day.
I think you saved your self allot of money and labor with all the work that has been dun already Dave, Beautiful truck :glasses7:

I like the looks of that, nice deal indeed. Am concerned about the "color change" you mentioned. ;)

Grant

Overpaid? Overpaid? RU kidding??? They must have put an easy $10,000 into that truck. I have yet to even begin to understand how some vehicles sell for so little. Heck, The Gauges cost over $1000 i bet.
You did real good on that one. Nice Score indeed!

KEWL !!!
I has a '68 D100 long bed not in that kind of shape but in the process....
I already got the 440/727 combo installed with the 8 3/4 and 3:55 sure grip :)
Lots more work to do though.

Have fun with it !!!!

-RPM

-
Back