Just got **** LUCKY

-
Bah! You can drive forever without any oil after using mobil one! I saw it on TV!!! lol

i wouldn't wait for chrysler to call me. i would be on the phone with chrysler asap. unless ofcourse the dealer wants to do free oil changes for the rest of the time ya own the truck.

No way would I let that dealer ever do another oil change for me. This is the reason this 60 year old fart, still climbs under all his cars every 3k, and does it himself.

I had bought a new 97 LHS, and let them change the trans fluid. At 60k, I got under there to do it again, and half the bolts were so tight I needed additional leverage, a break over. How half of them didn't snap, I have no idea. The others were loose.

When I am in my 80s, I might give someone else a chance to do it again.

Think about it. In a shop, who do they give the oil change tasks to? Top mechanics? I don't think so, it is usually the entry level guys.

I had a Chevy Blazer which I'm certain (although I can't prove it) wound up with a blown engine because the jackasses at a particular national quick oil change location didn't put engine oil back in before they fired it up to pull it out of the work bay area. I was going on vacation, didn't have time to do it myself, was driving the vehicle to go on the vacation, so I took it into this place to get the oil and filter changed before the long trip. It took longer than usual, but at the time I didn't think about it and left that day to start the drive. I was hours from home, with my wife and two daughters and our dog, luggage, etc., and the engine blows up on me. When they took it apart, the mechanic told me someone had run it w/o oil in it from his guess of what had happened. Never had a problem with it prior to that day.

I had a different kind of luck today. Supposed to have an $800 surcharge on my license b/c of 3 at fault accidents in 3 years, but they switched the way our licenses work this year so we don't have surcharges anymore which means my license was only $55 and because I have no moving violations (only accidents) I get a 10% discount.

Isn't it nice when sweet lady luck smiles?

YOU GOT THEM BY THE BALLS NOWS IF HE IS TRYING TO KISS YOUR ***> There lucky you noticed it or they would be getting you a new truck

A guy at work was just talking about the same thing. He noticed a large puddle of oil under his truck. Someone did not tighten the oil filter and there were only a few threads holding it on.

Remember to check the filter too!

Hey

I worked at Chrysler (Canada) dealers for 20 years and the answers you give the corporate survey could really screw the service manager. His bonus plan is likely tied to the customer satisfaction survey results.

We used to get penalized for every warranty repair on a vehicle we sold but any "transient" vehicle (sold elsewhere) was not considered in our "warranty repair rate". What a scam - you get hammered for fixing the cars you sold to your local customers but any repair to a vehicle from some other dealer didn't matter. We used to write a "T" on the top of any work order that was a transient and it got the "royal treatment". Everything was replaced while it was there. At least, on paper anyway.

I still have my warranty repair done at a different dealer than where I bought the car.

pete

Hey

I worked at Chrysler (Canada) dealers for 20 years and the answers you give the corporate survey could really screw the service manager. His bonus plan is likely tied to the customer satisfaction survey results.

We used to get penalized for every warranty repair on a vehicle we sold but any "transient" vehicle (sold elsewhere) was not considered in our "warranty repair rate". What a scam - you get hammered for fixing the cars you sold to your local customers but any repair to a vehicle from some other dealer didn't matter. We used to write a "T" on the top of any work order that was a transient and it got the "royal treatment". Everything was replaced while it was there. At least, on paper anyway.

I still have my warranty repair done at a different dealer than where I bought the car.

pete

Thanks for the information Pete.

Kenny

Originally Posted by TexasDart
you clean your driveway with a toothbrush...

Sorry that is not quite right, I really use a finger nail brush.

ohh....okay...I was worried about you for a minute...that is much better. :)

Good luck with the truck.

I had the samething happen on my daughter's brand new Honda. I made them tear down the engine to make sure there was no damage to the cylinders or anything else. I inspected it before reassembly. The car has 140K on it and still going strong. I also made them extend the warranty.

Bah! You can drive forever without any oil after using mobil one! I saw it on TV!!! lol

And if it is a slant six, you can have the fire department hose it down while it is running, too. (as long as you are wearing Blu-Blockers) Or was that another commercial?

-
Back