Just got out of the hospital

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Last Sunday I was admitted to the hospital with chest pains. 5 days later I was released but not before an Angioplasty to insert three stents. Three stents is a lot for a 50 year old. I am home now. I couldn't wait to get back home and be with my family, dog and Dart. I wasn't ready to drive yet but it had been three weeks since I last drove my car and it was driving me crazy. So I went into the garage; hopped in, fired her up and let her idle for about ten minutes. Did I mention I was sitting there in my boxers? Its nice to be alive and a Mopar fan.Take care of yourselves. Get yourself checked out at the doctors and don't ignore the warning signs. Take care FABO friends.
Doug

DSCN2032.jpg

Welcome home, glad your trip wasn't a permenat vaction from earth.
Take care, eat well, be well!

WOW! glad your ok. i was in the hospital overnight a couple weeks ago for chest pains also.. after all the tests and a killer stress test they have found nothing. probably a pulled muscle.

Good to here all went well :happy10::color: and the doctors located this before it :-k well you know what I mean SoulSurvivor
Thank you for the good new's and inportant post =D>
My youngest brother had two put in when he was 34 :tongue9:
and have been threw 3 wife's by then :-? Take care of your self men and ladies :happy10:
Life can change in a hart beet can't it SoulSurvivor

I bet it feels good to be home and enjoying life again, so take care and let the bs slide right of your shoulders SoulSurvivor, I think stress is what got my little brother along with his diet

Congrats on the successful surgery. You'll be back in no time... Keep your chin up!

Glad to hear your ok. Listen to your doctor and listen to your body. I just had a checkup, blood test and all other tests and everything came back normal. Feeling pretty good. Last total checkup was..... never. Not bad for a 62 year old. Hope it continues like that for a long time. Now I will go every year. Keep well.

That's great Doug.

Back in March, I woke up and had blue lips, grey face and could not make it out of the bedroom. Thought for sure heart attack. No such luck in this case.
I had a massive saddle pulmonary embolism along with small clots in my lungs. That means no blood flow to the heart with a massive clot that is not removable.
After 1 lonnngg week in ICU and another 2 weeks in hospital, I went home now having to eat rat poison, warfarin every day for the rest of my life. 6 months now and finally got the green light to go back to work in Sept.

Funny thing is I always found time to work on the car during my time off although risky.
DAMM those Darts!

Like memike said you don't know what tomarrow will bring ya. I am glad your ok and take care of yourself.

Hey doug, I agree way too young for the stints. My dad had some put in before his triple bypass. They lasted about 2 months and were clogged up again..thus the triple bypass. He is now getting his carotid arteries done. Sure scared the hell out of us. He is in today having the surgery. Take it easy, and enjoy your tour in your boxers!!

welcome home; keep walking that's the best thing you can do for your heart; even though I can see why you love to drive that dart.

Welcome home Doug. eat healthy, exercise lots and drive the wheels off that dart.
Nice car!!!

Kenny

Glad you're ok.. I got a stent in my groin after I couldn't walk more than 50 feet without leg pain. Now I'm good to go.

good news,glad to hear you`re ok, I`ve been on blood pressure and chlosteral meds for years,get a check up once a year,Dad died from that stuff,I guess some of it is heridetary,maybe if he knew then what we do now... well glad to hear you`re ok.

That's great Doug.

Back in March, I woke up and had blue lips, grey face and could not make it out of the bedroom. Thought for sure heart attack. No such luck in this case.
I had a massive saddle pulmonary embolism along with small clots in my lungs. That means no blood flow to the heart with a massive clot that is not removable.
After 1 lonnngg week in ICU and another 2 weeks in hospital, I went home now having to eat rat poison, warfarin every day for the rest of my life. 6 months now and finally got the green light to go back to work in Sept.

Funny thing is I always found time to work on the car during my time off although risky.
DAMM those Darts!
Knowing what I know now...that is scary stuff. The meds I have to live with from now on got me a little down. Working on the car, sitting in it, or WOT runs is good therapy. Take care.

Gotta love the rat poison' I take it daily. Even look at something sharp, and start bleeding. Good luck, it could be worse.

take care buddy, man I am almost 50, eat healthy work hard exercise etc.

But I know I drink to much... Glad you are on this side up, take care friend:)

-
Back