just got this car and i dont know where to start.....

-

motoman931

Reaction score
so i came across this dart from a friend of a friend of a friend.... any ways it was FREE!!!!!!!!!!! the lady needed it out of her storage unit and just wanted it gone.

the storage unit is full op junk so i cant really tell whats in there parts wise but i do know there is parts in there. i know there is all the glass. door. fenders. hood. and another rearend.

i dont really know where to start to get this thing driving. i wana do either a 340 or 360 swap on it. it was an ex 6 cylinder car from what i can tell

first things first i need to get this thing rolling. so what would i need and where can i get it? (suspension wise)

View attachment freedart.jpg

Free! WOW!

How about a closer up shot (Both sides and inside the engine compartment) to see what exactly is there and not. It doesn't look like it needs much.
What year?

A Chiltons book or on line look at the parts exploded veiw would be of help for you.

It appears, though I can not really see so well, that you need upper A arms and it's hardware, shocks, spindles brake hardware....

As far as engine goes, decide what you want. If the K-frame is for a /6 and you want to restore it with a /6, there here on line at FABO to get.
A engine swap is easy to do as well if it is a /6 K-frame and you want a V-8. I'm not so sure about the reverse though. V8 - /6 swap.

First thing... paint the engine compartment body color... :)

Nice score.. free is good.

start collecting parts start searching local craigslist for a motor and just keep buying parts! looks to be a 1972 or 1973 do you have a vin number that can be ran to find out more?

Definitley a 73 !!

OSAC and EGR holes in passenger side of firewall near the top.

yup the hood in the storage is a 73. i think ima swap for a 71 04 72 front end idk yet. and yup had a title and got a bill of sale for 1 dollar haha lets say she hates her ex husband :) from what i can tell front end has been rebushed so hopefully suspention parts are in the unit

so is this going to be one heck of a project?

yup the hood in the storage is a 73. i think ima swap for a 71 or 72 front end idk yet. So is this going to be one heck of a project?

NOOOOOOOOOO dont do that stick with the 73 front clip :love7:

Attachments

• IMG_0583 (Copy).jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 390
At first I thought it had some aftermarket front suspension, then I realized that it was just the strut rod and sway bar apinted green. cool, and a great price, she doesn't have any more cars shes trying to get rid of, does she?

If the suspension parts come with it, bolt them back on just to get the car up on your trailer or rent a car dolly to get it home. Search the storage locker thoroughly for any of it's parts. Lay them out at home and take inventory. Decide what you want to do with the car. Search for missing parts while you detail and assemble the existing ones. If it's going to be totally repainted, nows the time before you start reassembly. Have Fun!

ok you got it free...just let that soak in for awhile.......that is a hella awesome deal whatever you do will be the right thing. after all it is a mopar

First thing... paint the engine compartment body color... :)

Nice score.. free is good.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Im so tired of seeing people take an other wise nice mopar and spray bomb the engine compartment black! These arent shivys or fords MOPAR had more class than that! DO IT RIGHT!

Your going to hate me for saying this but...

If it was me I would contact the ex husband and find out his side of the story. After all it is his to begin with. How would you feel if your ex-wife sold your pride and joy out from under you?

Brothers got to stick together, its your choice and your car but how would you feel?

Im with Dorian, seems to me her ex took some time to get it to where it is, I have been down the divorce road and she was the one that cheated on me and I lost some stuff but not my 71 Challenger! You could try to get ahold of him or not I know it would bug the heck out of me knowing I basically stole somebodys car. But whatever you do it's yours to do with! Good luck!

-
Back