Just had a Earth-Quake

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Holy cow, just had a decent size earth quake here in So-Cal.
Close to LA........5.8 on the scale !!!!

House was shaking pretty good !!!!

I was on the phone with Crackedback while it was happening down there. He asked me if I felt it and I said no but felt a little left out (how sick is that?). Hope everyone is still intact.

Yep, centered around Chino Hills Yorba Linda area, I was actually driving and felt the big one here in Anaheim. My Cell phone has been down for a while now due to High Volume i guess. It shook my fish tank pretty good and made a nasty mess. Hope everyone else in SoCal is okay.

Bryce

It was rolling pretty good out here in the desert.

Now we get 12 hours of "what did it feel like to you?" TV coverage... F'ing stupid. Don't think anyone was hurt and no building fell down. It's SoCal and normal operating procedure.

Hope everyone is OK...

Ok on this end.
First thing I did (after shacking) was run out to the garage to make sure nothing fell on the car.
Everything checked out OK.

Ok on this end.
First thing I did (after shacking) was run out to the garage to make sure nothing fell on the car.
Everything checked out OK.
Same here Johnny Dart! I live in Placentia and work in City of Industry - both about 5 miles from the epicenter for all readers not in SoCal - and called home as soon as it quit shaking. As soon as I found out everyone at home was OK, I asked my wife to check the garage. Everything was OK except for a few things that fell out of the refrigerator and a bottle of olive oil that fell over and broke on the countertop in the kitchen. The home computer terminal also fell over onto the keyboard but is back up and operational according to the last news I got from home.
Hope everyone else is OK and without damage.

Felt it here in Ventura as well. All is good. Just another addition to my weekend of craziness.

It was rolling pretty good out here in the desert.

Now we get 12 hours of "what did it feel like to you?" TV coverage... F'ing stupid. Don't think anyone was hurt and no building fell down. It's SoCal and normal operating procedure.

Hope everyone is OK...

yep, It's like when a hurricanes hit here...weeks of coverage of what happened..at least we have plenty of time to prepare... it seems they find the newest resident to interview and sensationalize the event....I mean how fun would ......... EARTHQUAKE ROCKS CALIFORNIA..no one dies and no one cares.more at 6.....headline sound :lol: ( of course not trying to downplay the event..I've never experienced one...earthquakes that is.. )

2x Hope everyone is ok

yep, It's like when a hurricanes hit here...weeks of coverage of what happened..at least we have plenty of time to prepare... it seems they find the newest resident to interview and sensationalize the event....I mean how fun would ......... EARTHQUAKE ROCKS CALIFORNIA..no one dies and no one cares.more at 6.....headline sound :lol: ( of course not trying to downplay the event..I've never experienced one...earthquakes that is.. )

2x Hope everyone is ok

Yep,

Peoples Court got preempted for this garbage. :-D

Wake me when an 7.5-8.0 or better hits. Then you'll have something to see.

Live in Fullerton, CA and work at aFe in Corona, Ca. I first I thought it was a forklift driver HA HA, but then it kept rocking. Pretty exciting.

Yeap the damn News will be worthless today. I can here it now "so how long did that chandelier swing?” Did you feel scared for your life?

Still love the phrase "yeap it's earthquake weather" Please

Here's the craziest thing. I was at my friends yesterday and the two dogs were acting really nuts. His wife tells me, "they act like this all the time right before an earthquake." I was like... Yeah right!

Weird

2x Hope everyone is ok

I have lived in So-Cal all my life, and have been through every big EQ here over the last 44 years.

The Northridge quake was centered 12 miles from my house. Felt like it was right under my bed. I understand tornados, huricanes arent fun, but I pray I will never have to experiance another quake like Northridge. It was insane !!!

Wow! I live real close to Chino Hills and the first thing I did was check my cars. I had one on jacks, luckly I had blocks under the wheels. So everything is ok. One good thing is property values in AZ went up.

Everything was OK except for a few things that fell out of the refrigerator and a bottle of olive oil that fell over and broke on the countertop in the kitchen.

I remember the big one that hit in the Bay Area in 89...biggest mess was in the kitchen! Powdered Lipton Iced Tea makes a HUGE mess when the jar breaks!!!!!

Glad you all are ok!

We was talking about all the fire's there and saying there would be so much
erosion when it rains:-k and a earth quake would hit :-#and sure as I am typing here I herd the news about 4 hours ago.
I was in the Bell garden area when one hit in around 1970.
Every one was out side there houses and the telephone poles was rocking back and fourth. The ladies pool flooded the living room and the kitchen tiles broke in the house. I was a little one, about 11 or 12 and it hit early in the morning.
Glad to hear that it seems every one is fine.:thumbrig:
California was ready for this size earth quake.:cheers:

I was at work in my store in Beverly Hills, and the dogs jumped up and started running around like a bee stung them about 10 seconds before I felt it. Shook pretty good here for 15 or 20 seconds, but no breakage.

I had a couple of Russian tourists in the store, and when I told them it was an earthquake, they were very excited to have had a real California experience...

Yep,

Peoples Court got preempted for this garbage. :-D

Wake me when an 7.5-8.0 or better hits. Then you'll have something to see.

Exactly my thoughts. Welcome to California, people! That's a kiddie ride-style earthquake. As a veteran of the '71 L.A. and '89 SF Bay Area quakes, a 5.8 to me is like some guy testing his 18" subwoofers next door...

Just kidding, guys! Hope nothing dropped on anyone's head, or worse, on your A-Body!

I had a couple of Russian tourists in the store, and when I told them it was an earthquake, they were very excited to have had a real California experience...

Our 6-year old grandson is visiting from TN and is really excited 'cause now he can go back home and tell all his friends in school that he was in a real California earthquake:cheers:!!!

Exactly my thoughts. Welcome to California, people! That's a kiddie ride-style earthquake. As a veteran of the '71 L.A. and '89 SF Bay Area quakes, a 5.8 to me is like some guy testing his 18" subwoofers next door...

Just kidding, guys! Hope nothing dropped on anyone's head, or worse, on your A-Body!

That had to be the one I was in too.
So it must have been the one in 71, I could not remember if it was 70 or 71.
I just remember seeing all the people out in the streets.
After the big one you could sit in a chair and feel after shocks till noon.

yah, we felt it all the way in San Diego, so it must have been a roller. But it sounds like it was nothing to write home about. In SD we don't really have earthquakes (just super small ones, no faults are nearby) but i was in the one in 1989 in northern ca.. that was a shaker =)

i didnt realy feel it... i was driving down brookhurst in anehiem and my car felt like it lost the pass front wheel...got back and everyone was like did you feel that!! i was like, oh that what that was..remember im from the eastcoast..ive never felt a quake....

oh and like everyone else im TIRED of seeing the same brick building in Pomona..that 1 building is all over the national news!!

I was at work in my store in Beverly Hills, and the dogs jumped up and started running around like a bee stung them about 10 seconds before I felt it. Shook pretty good here for 15 or 20 seconds, but no breakage.

I was in a repair shop on Pico and Centinela. At first I thought it was just a bus going by. This the tremors got bigger. There weren't any cars on the hoists. But at other shops they said the cars and hoists were not a big deal.

GoFish. Is you shop just down from the Gap? I grew up at the LaCienega - Olympic area. Parents still live there and I'm down there on business half the week.

There's going to be a ALL MOPAR Cruise In at Ricky and Ronnies on August August 23rd, 2008 www.RickyandRonnies.com 5:00pm to 8:00pm in Torrance. Doesn't cost anything. Just relaxed time in a super cool 50's diner made just for Cruise In's. We had about 80 Mopars last year. Hope to have over 150 this year.

-
Back