Just had back surgery

-
Please Read my Earlier Post About What To Not Do. Here's To Wishing You Well!

Thanks, I am still taking it easy and not doing to much. I am however exstatic about how I feel, other than the muscle pains in my back as they mend. But it is awesome. I know I have to restrain myself from doing things, just because I feel good. I actually spoke to the doc about that. He told me it will probably be 10 more days before we can start PT. But I am excited to do so. Its so nice to feel better. :) I am glad you are feeling better too. Its amazing how much it changes everything. My outlook on life is so much better too. :)

Thanks, I am still taking it easy and not doing to much. I am however exstatic about how I feel, other than the muscle pains in my back as they mend. But it is awesome. I know I have to restrain myself from doing things, just because I feel good. I actually spoke to the doc about that. He told me it will probably be 10 more days before we can start PT. But I am excited to do so. Its so nice to feel better. :) I am glad you are feeling better too. Its amazing how much it changes everything. My outlook on life is so much better too. :)

That's Awesome! And You're Exactly Right About How it Changes Your Outlook On Life! i Am Not a Very Religious Person But i Thank God Every Day That i Feel The Way i Do Now. but I'm Only 36 Years Old And i Have To Remember My limitations.

glad you are felling better do what the doc says and don't lift any thing twist take it easy. i had back surgery just under 2 years ago and they fused s1 threw l3. i had blow a disk in to the spinal cord well the nerve damage for me is really bad. the doc told me and if i did not get the surgery i would not be able to walk, before surgery my left leg would stop working and i would hit the floor. so please take it easy and prayers sent

Wow ... That sounds terrible. Sending good energy for a quick recovery to you!!!!

Thanks again everyone. I am feeling really good, but still being pretty careful. I did however walk about six or so miles over about seven hours. It felt so good, I felt so good. It makes me so happy. I know being a bigger guy, I really need to be careful. But I really think its awesome that I had back surgery less than two weeks ago and was able to walk six miles... The technology is so much better now. I have also always been lucky and have been a quick healer. Anyway, its really late and I hope you all had a good fourth. Later...

Thanks again everyone. I am feeling really good, but still being pretty careful. I did however walk about six or so miles over about seven hours. It felt so good, I felt so good. It makes me so happy. I know being a bigger guy, I really need to be careful. But I really think its awesome that I had back surgery less than two weeks ago and was able to walk six miles... The technology is so much better now. I have also always been lucky and have been a quick healer. Anyway, its really late and I hope you all had a good fourth. Later...

That's great to hear bud :cheers: just don't over-do it

J, I have had 3 cortisone shots but with diabetes they send my blood sugars soaring to over 400 for weeks at a time. I have received little relief from them. The given anti-anflam's have helped cause my kidneys to start failing.

I have been working through this light duty but took a fall a couple months ago into a counter at work and now have 3 tears in my left shoulder, rotator, bicep, and labrum. ugh...

I am going to need to have a same/similar procedure done on my back. We are in the same area. Who was your surgeon? Good, bad, indifferent? PM please.

-
Back