***Just kicked a Chevelle's azzz***

-
i do have to agree in stockish form a 340 has a 350.... my dad use to tell me all the time. i had a basically stock 350 in my vega and thought it was great.. jumped in a 340 mopar and night and day.

Like said anything can me made to gone fast using the right parts and money.

Had a guy tell me he put a 396 in his camero and went to race his friend who had just got a 340 Dart. I was thinking here we go another story of how a chevy bet a Mopar. Nop! He went on to tell me how that little Dart whopped his A$$! LOL

all I know is this weekend I am pulling the 360 out of my swinger because of some knocking noise I am hearing.... A 318 is going in for a short time until I can afford a BB bellhousing and headers then the 440 is gong in! Having driven plenty of 340 and 440 cars I know there is a nice difference and in a light car like my swinger any pos honda shouldn't stand a chance, not to mention it should still be fairly quick at the track!

Take it to the track..i always get a good laugh out of guys who think they're street cars are so fast,but then go to the track and find ouit just how slowwwwww they actually are :-D:-D

Haha, I had a buddy that all he did was street race and some asshat told him he would race him at LACR (palmdale Ca) for a grand because his fast street car would be slow at the track. Well I personally trailered it to the track where it ran 10's with a unported 906! Lets just say he bought dinner! Oh and by the way we went through all that trouble and made one pass, shut everyone up, and went home!

Okay seriously, I can rent Irwindale for around $2500 for 8 hours. We can have 20 to 22 cars. I know its 1/8 mile but they prep the track well for us and give us free reign. A very cool day, we bring the motor homes and bbqs and make a party out of it. Hell we even ran a round of the tow rigs! That was the best racing of the day! Haha.

I really recommend getting use to the car up on top before we go after it. Mine does some crazy floating like it wants to take flight in 3rd and 4th gear. It goes straight as an arrow but the front end is REALLY Light! The engine makes the car feel like it weighs alot less than it really does.

I had a similar problem with my E-body Cuda years back. I adjusted the ride height between front and rear until it road steady at 110mph. It also has a "Go Wing" on the trunk with was helpful. You can feel the car sit down at speed.
One night, I found an open road @ 3 am. So I went for it. The car topped out at 155mph and road like a brick sits. Try dropping the front a 1/2 inch and test.
You hooligan! LOL

LOL, yes yes yes yes!!!

Hooooooligans rule!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem with my E-body Cuda years back. I adjusted the ride height between front and rear until it road steady at 110mph. It also has a "Go Wing" on the trunk with was helpful. You can feel the car sit down at speed.
One night, I found an open road @ 3 am. So I went for it. The car topped out at 155mph and road like a brick sits. Try dropping the front a 1/2 inch and test.

LOL, yes yes yes yes!!!

Hooooooligans rule!!!!!!!

You are KRAZIEEE! haaaa you and abodyjoe go way fast on top DANG!

The car sits pretty low already. Maybe it has to do with me not feeling safe with Lap Belts only going that fast. Mental thing?? The car tops the shocks out in any gear and transfers the weight to the rear tires, almost like the front tires are barely touching the ground at 100+MPH.

View attachment IMG_1227.jpg

View attachment Mad Dart Pose.jpg

all I know is this weekend I am pulling the 360 out of my swinger because of some knocking noise I am hearing.... A 318 is going in for a short time until I can afford a BB bellhousing and headers then the 440 is gong in! Having driven plenty of 340 and 440 cars I know there is a nice difference and in a light car like my swinger any pos honda shouldn't stand a chance, not to mention it should still be fairly quick at the track!

Hate to say it but I bet my buddies stock motor honda would keep up with a stock 440 in a dart.

Haha, I had a buddy that all he did was street race and some asshat told him he would race him at LACR (palmdale Ca) for a grand because his fast street car would be slow at the track. Well I personally trailered it to the track where it ran 10's with a unported 906! Lets just say he bought dinner! Oh and by the way we went through all that trouble and made one pass, shut everyone up, and went home!

Okay seriously, I can rent Irwindale for around $2500 for 8 hours. We can have 20 to 22 cars. I know its 1/8 mile but they prep the track well for us and give us free reign. A very cool day, we bring the motor homes and bbqs and make a party out of it. Hell we even ran a round of the tow rigs! That was the best racing of the day! Haha.

Rather it be a 1/4 mile but that would work. Only $125 if we could get 20 people to come out. Boy I miss LACR could go up there on a Wendsday night and run all you wanted to for like 30 bucks.

Count me in on that! I will drive it there too. I got Triple AAA, haaaa

Count me in on that! I will drive it there too. I got Triple AAA, haaaa

I need to reup my triple AAA. It is a good thing to have. Been looking at toy haulers. Thinking of getting this 40 foot 5th wheel. Use it most of the time to go out to Glamis with the bikes nd buggys but it also has enough room to fit the Dart or Duster in it.

Truck not included. LOL

Attachments

• post-40164-1289370442_thumb.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 135
  • post-40164-1289370210_thumb.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 130
that is the rig that i want. it would make the trips to sacremento and to tx alot more enjoyable.

that is the rig that i want. it would make the trips to sacremento and to tx alot more enjoyable.

Keep your filthy hands off it. It's MINE! LOL

I have wanted one for a long time. Been saving forever and it looks like now is the time. People are selling them for cheap right now.

it's yours man. I can't afford one right now and even if I could, I'll get my buddy to build one.:) it's a really nice lookin trailer though.

I f#$king love this car, Sorry had to get that in here

Attachments

• Mad%20Dart%20Pose.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 168
You are KRAZIEEE! haaaa you and abodyjoe go way fast on top DANG!

The car sits pretty low already. Maybe it has to do with me not feeling safe with Lap Belts only going that fast. Mental thing?? The car tops the shocks out in any gear and transfers the weight to the rear tires, almost like the front tires are barely touching the ground at 100+MPH.

Try getting the rear up an inch then. It's an aero dynamic thing. Your going to have to find a stance that will allow the car to feel solid at high speeds. The extra rake in the rear goes away at high speeds with the air compressing the shocks and springs down.

This is also why I have the "Go Wing" on the rear of the Cuda. It was needed and it works and works well.

so he has an S2000?

lol no he ment going up a mountian road in hairpin turns. That's the only way I could see it. On a drag strip I doubt it would be possible. Unless the honda is not really stock. "yeah it's a stock motor buy I swapped the cam added a header a fart can, and a turbo w/ 20psi but it's still stock" I have been told that before. So it must be the same honda.

yeah and a wing will add 100 and stickers are good for 5 each. Don't forget that an unpainted cracked body kit will add 50......lol

yeah... stock honda... or 440... hmmm...I think even a 440 B-body would still destroy a stock honda.. Unless he's counting an NSX.. even then.. NSX would only really have top speed. OH OH OH.. a stock honda indy car? would that count?

lol no he ment going up a mountian road in hairpin turns. That's the only way I could see it. On a drag strip I doubt it would be possible. Unless the honda is not really stock. "yeah it's a stock motor buy I swapped the cam added a header a fart can, and a turbo w/ 20psi but it's still stock" I have been told that before. So it must be the same honda.

lol thats why I am building my aspen with an alterkation and an aluminum headed 340. Not to mention the light weight 18's with good high performance rubber.

lol thats why I am building my aspen with an alterkation and an aluminum headed 340. Not to mention the light weight 18's with good high performance rubber.

That sounds sweet Ross. Can't wait to see it.

So when we all going to the track? I will be there with bells on:cheers:

Hey Rumble, think maybe a chin spoiler or splitter would help Mad Dart? I remember they were available back in the '70s aftermarket parts catalogues. A nice black one would fit his color scheme.

Count me in on track time. I haven't run against a tree since 1980. I need to get reacquainted with reality instead of living in my memories.

-
Back