Just Suspension HP torsion bars DEAL....

-
Mine arrived on Thursday. I just stuck them under the bed & haven't looked at them since. Hkeller, I'll be interested to hear how you like the ride after you install them.

djvcuda has a set he bought well before the sale. they ride great in his small block 66 cuda. he did an article about them (and the rest of the front end) a couple issues of Moe ago. car doesn't nose dive when stopping and cornering anymore and with kyb shocks has a firm but not stiff/harsh ride.

I bought a set of these bars when they were first mentioned in this thread. I see that they are now an additional 20% off plus free shipping ($159). The 20% off expires in about 11 hours or so, then appears to revert back to the original sale price of $199 for another 11 or 12 days. I do believe I'm gonna pick up another set.

I bought a set of these bars when they were first mentioned in this thread. I see that they are now an additional 20% off plus free shipping ($159). The 20% off expires in about 11 hours or so, then appears to revert back to the original sale price of $199 for another 11 or 12 days. I do believe I'm gonna pick up another set.

i first posted this when they were $159.... were they on sale once before?

i first posted this when they were $159.... were they on sale once before?

That I don't know - when I bought my set they were listed at $179 including shipping. Sounds like sale price might vary.

On Ebay they are $179.95 now, but justsuspension.com still has them listed at $159.95.

I haven't dealt with them, but they have a pretty cool hydraulic clutch setup...pricey though...

Since "Global Warming" has apparently taken a break and our outdoor/garage temps are in the 30s, I had to move my painting setup into the kitchen, much to my Bride's amusement.
I've got a coat of POR-15 on both 1 inch torsion bars and will have to let it dry to flip them over and touch up the small sections on the underside.
I also bought the removal tool off eBay and the boots and caps which go on the ends.
However, I found this on the Internet and may be purchasing two of them to replace the originals, which I'm sure have seen better days:

http://americanmuscle.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/74333/35612

Anyone done the bolt replacement before, and if so, how difficult is it to do?

HPIM1426.jpg

HPIM1427.jpg

HPIM1428.jpg

HPIM1430.jpg

HPIM1433.jpg

Looks good! The bolt replacement is easy to do. If you have the torsion bars already out, just unscrew the adjuster bolt, slide out the adjuster nut through the side of the control arm and put the new one in...easy..

Looks good! The bolt replacement is easy to do. If you have the torsion bars already out, just unscrew the adjuster bolt, slide out the adjuster nut through the side of the control arm and put the new one in...easy..

Excellent, thanks for the info. I need to jack mine up and crawl under for a look/see and get a better idea of what kind of shape they're in.

If your bolts are in good shape, just wire wheel the threads and anti-seize them.

Oh boy are you going to have fun with the poly boots.......

just put those poly boots in a pot of boiling hot water....once their all nice and warmed up, spray them with silicon spray, they slip right on! did it to mine!

just put those poly boots in a pot of boiling hot water....once their all nice and warmed up, spray them with silicon spray, they slip right on! did it to mine!

I have read the same thing in many different places, thats exactly what I plan to do with mine also.

I can only get hot water out of a tap here at the shop since I don't have a formal kitchen.....lol

Microwave! (For the water. Not sure what it would do to the poly, but I know 2 of my kids have tried to start fires in the microwave in the last month or so!)

-
Back