Just Wondering about 4 link setup

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
What is the estimated price of this setup and parts needed besides the actual kit, like will I need a new tank? will the rear end need to be shortened? OR what? Thanks.

You could do what I did and what others have done and just build your own on the cheap. Well cheap is relative. I pieced mine together with competition engineering brackets and coilovers and Chris Alston Pro-street kit and built a couple of cross members that tie into my frame connectors. Really strong set up. I know it looks like the welds are bad under the car, but that actually seam sealer gooped on there. LOL

I also did mini tubs and narrowed the 9" housing to fit 325's. I know Madart has done his own in his build thread and I like his setup which is triangulated and quite a bit better than mine. As far as cost goes, who is keeping track? :D

Attachments

• 4link.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,875
  • 4link1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,569
  • 4link2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 731
  • 4link3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 4link4.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 634
  • 4link5.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 654
  • 4link6.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 776
If you are talking a real backhalf then yes the tank has to go. The back seat and the floor also to be replaced with aluminum. There's wheel tubs, and rod ends to consider because most kits don't come with the ends. You should be shortening the rear, buying aftermarket axles and studs plus maybe even brakes. You will have to redo the brake lines at a minimum. New wheels and best of all, big fat tires!

just personly if I had the choice again id keep with the old leaf spring set up, update the springs move them inboard or Id go ladder bar, far more simple to set up

wedgefatend.jpg

caltrac systems are doing wonders for leaf spring cars now & four links are a science to get right

its kinda ...how fast do you wanna spend??

just curious...what do you intend to do with the car?...drag race?...autocross?...street cruiser?

are you looking for better handling?...or better traction?

FYI..a triangulated drag race 4-link is NOT very streetable...they tend to bind when cornering. A parrallel street rod 4-bar is less binding/more street friendly....but will not provide the traction/track adjustmentss of the drag race 4-link

either way...to do it right....prepare for surgury

80/20 Track street, but guess ill just stick with springs.

If you were closer I have a complete backhalf with 35 spline axles, a new aluminum 4.86 Strange 9" third member. 4 link bars with ends, diagonal bar, new comp engineering coil over shocks, 15 x14 Convo pros, brand new 32 x14 x15 MT slicks, wheelie bars, etc. I could sell you and put you right in the 4 link business.

Alot to be said for spings/caltracs nowdays, high 10s? easy done

Yup. Thats what Im doing. If it aint broke....

It's also about the cheapest setup for rear suspension in a mopar. You can also easily make a home brewed caltrac bar etc

Theres also a member here that got a machinst to make him a 4 link A body "kit". I think the price is around $400.

Sorry I cant remember who. Maybe he'll chime in.

-
Back