K-Frame ID Needed?

-

72Swinger360

Reaction score
I need help identifying this k-frame. I bought it at the Nats last year and I was told it was a 73-76 SB k-frame but I have been told by a member that it is for a /6 but I am just trying to pin down exactly what year and application for this k-frame.

The second pict is of the back of the k-frame showing the steering box mount and the idler arm mount.

Any help will be appreciated.

Joe

akframe1.jpg

spoolk2.jpg

Looks like a 6 cylinder one to me. Look how tall the one mounting bracket is comapred to the other. They should be straight across from each other.

Thanks , I had my suspicians about that taller tab but it has the notches like a spool mount SB k-frame so I figured that is what it was. I have never seen a /6 k-frame with the mounts like that. A member told me it is a 67 /6 k-frame but I was just trying to make sure.

I had it advertised for sale as a 73-76 SB k-frame but now that I know different is there any worth to this k-frame other than scrap metal?

Joe

It's a /6 K frame. It ain't worth squat. I have had a few and gave them away.

I'd pay to have that one shipped to me as I could use it for mock up purposes. Could send a tag too.

It's a /6 K frame. It ain't worth squat. I have had a few and gave them away.

I'd pay to have that one shipped to me as I could use it for mock up purposes. Could send a tag too.

Hey if that one falls thru I have a early / 6 K-member I'll send you.

-
Back