K frame identification

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey All,

Attached is a pic of my K frame. I got it with the sway bar pictured. I don't know what year this came from. I want to get lca's that have the correct tabs for this k member. I have heard that 72 is different than 73-76. There is a fabo member that has some lca's for a 74 with the tabs and I want to make sure they will work with this k before I buy.

Thanks for any help,

Chris E.

Attachments

• kmember.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 347
Hi Chris - your K Frame is from a 73-76 probably a V8 but don't know for sure. You need the 73-76 LCAs with sway bar tab and everything will bolt right up.
Don

That looks like a V8 K Frame, as on the /6 the passenger side perch sits right over the right side LCA pivot shaft.

The Schumacher Creative Services (spelling??) web site has an excellent K-Frame spotters guide that you can use to confirm.

I'm curous about that sway bar - on the 73+ K Frames, the sway bar feeds through the K-Frame. My aftermarket sway bar is straight in the middle section - that one has a bend in it. I would just double check the fit.

Hope this is helpful.

This is a 73-76 small block k member

Attachments

• P8120073.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 208
That looks like a factory 73 to 76 sway bar as it's identical to the one I just bought from a member here on FABO.

-
Back