Status
Not open for further replies.

Scody21

Just send it
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Greasy non damaged K frame, with upper and lower control arms, drum spindles, strut rods, drums and brake hardware. Was thinking this is an E body, due to in frame sway bar provision and biscuit motor mounts. Think it maybe a late 72/ early 73 k frame. It’s in storage and will up date post with measurements later this week.

300 OBO

Local pickup in Vancouver, WA only.

0D156899-8FEE-4453-83EA-235B363766E2.png

A3D1511A-0092-4D7F-82BF-3E8AF15D3950.png

AE55DEFD-8537-4AA4-8D6C-24B73DD4A9DE.png

2F64171F-79E5-4956-BD67-8EF2ACCE5E0D.png

Last edited:
Those upper control arms are not E body, and the K member doesn’t look E body either. Looks like and A body with those welded on support plates at strut rod bushing holes, and the drivers motor mount stand and steering box brackets.

It's definitely not a E-body K member, maybe a older B-body or A-body. E-body's had the same K-member for both BB and SB

It's definitely not a E-body K member, maybe a older B-body or A-body. E-body's had the same K-member for both BB and SB

Thanks, but look at the bottom of the k frame, where the sway bar goes through... show me a non spool mount A body k frame with the pass through sway bar provision... also, the mounting holes are a little wider than my few A body k frames that are sitting right next to it...

The front of B and E K members are curved like the one on the right. Yours is flat across the front. NOT an E body K member.
Early and late B.JPG

There is something strange going on. Measuring it and posting the findings may help but that curve I mentioned is a clue.

The front of B and E K members are curved like the one on the right. Yours is flat across the front. NOT an E body K member.
View attachment 1715728864

There is something strange going on. Measuring it and posting the findings may help but that curve I mentioned is a clue.

The weird thing about this one is the through frame sway bar provision, with biscuits style motor mounts, is why I was rather sure it was E body.

Is there any other places to find k frame info other than
K-Member ID Chart

You have something unusual. It might be a LATE 1972 V8 A body unit.
This is from the Schumacher site pictures.
A K 1.jpg

The one above is a 68-72 V8 A body K member according to the Schumacher site. Note the 3 holes in the middle of the flat section.

A K 2 (2).png

Yours have those same holes.
Now here is a B and E body K member. ONE hole:

B E K 1.jpg

A frontal view would help since the B and E K members that I have seen are curved across the front while the 67-76 A body units are flat.
Same goes with the lower control arms.
The A is flat across the front, the B and E are curved.

B body:

B LCA 2.jpg

Last edited:
You have something unusual. It might be a LATE 1972 V8 A body unit.

View attachment 1715728909

THat is a 68-72 V8 A body K member according to the Schumacher site. Note the 3 holes in the middle of the flat section.

View attachment 1715728910

Yours have those same holes.
Now here is a B and E body K member. ONE hole:

View attachment 1715728911
A frontal view would help since the B and E K members that I have seen are curved across the front while the 67-76 A body units are flat.
Same goes with the lower control arms.
The A is flat across the bottom, the B and E are curved.

B body:

View attachment 1715728912

Thanks. That’s what I’m starting to think. It might be a mid year, before the change to spool mount. But with the later style sway bar provisions. I have it over in storage, and will have to take some more photos and measure it again, as it’s been a while.

You do have something unusual.
Measure the upper control arms between the bushings. Also, look at the drum bolt pattern. NO A body came with large bolt pattern drums. NO E body had small bolt pattern anything.
I'm not trying to clog up this thread with commentary...I'm sure you are trying to honestly describe what you're selling and want to be correct.

Scody21, you don’t know what the Fudge you are posting. Just trying to HELP you not screw with you. And for the viewers at home to not be misled.

That is not an E body K frame or upper control arms.

Here is a photo of the real thing, look at the steering box mount and the motor mount stand hooked to it. Doesn’t look anything like the thing you have pictured.

And I’ll leave it there because I don’t know what it really is you are misrepresenting in your post.

take The red X and shove it!

F5DD7FD0-7A40-4F29-8947-CB365702A549.jpeg

Last edited:
Scody21, you don’t know what the Fudge you are posting. Just trying to HELP you not screw with you. And for the viewers at home to not be misled. That is not an E body K frame or upper control arms. Here is a photo of the real thing, look at the steering box mount and the motor mount stand hooked to it. Doesn’t look anything like the thing you have pictured. And I’ll leave it there because I don’t know what it really is you are misrepresenting in your post

Some people are liars but I don't think that is the case here. People make mistakes.
These pictures may help.
B body upper control arm on left, A body control arm on the right:

UCA 1.jpg

Note the space between the bushings: A body....
UCA 2.jpg

B body:

UCA 3.jpg

Don’t know if he did it on purpose,
It E body. It is biscuit motor mounts, with pass trough sway bar hole in the K frame. I have 5 Abody k frames between my cars, think I know what I’ve posted...

Hey he knows what he has as a 5X A body master.

even though now he backtracks on the E body idea in thread title since he’s proven wrong on several photo examples. LOL

kerndog thanks for A-arm photos, I don’t have any off the car to photo.

Scody21, you don’t know what the Fudge you are posting. Just trying to HELP you not screw with you. And for the viewers at home to not be misled.

That is not an E body K frame or upper control arms.

Here is a photo of the real thing, look at the steering box mount and the motor mount stand hooked to it. Doesn’t look anything like the thing you have pictured.

And I’ll leave it there because I don’t know what it really is you are misrepresenting in your post.

take The red X and shove it!

Not trying to misrepresent anything, clearly I posted photos of what I belived and was told was an E body K frame. Clearly the info I have gotten and searched is no where close to that this mystery K frame is. You can’t see it in the photo, but I have a SB k frame out of my 72 Duster sitting right next to this thing and it is different. So I changed the title and adjusted my post as not to offend or mislead someone...

And how cool would that be if this damn thing is a one off k frame with the through sway bar and biscuit mounts. Like the later suckass spoolmounts...

Last edited:
Don’t know if he did it on purpose,

Hey he knows what he has as a 5X A body master.

even though now he backtracks on the E body idea in thread title since he’s proven wrong on several photo examples. LOL

kerndog thanks for A-arm photos, I don’t have any off the car to photo.

Not trying to back track, was going off of info I was given. I don’t have an E body or have worked on one... was just saying it doesn’t match any of the other known A body K frames I have...

413 you ever seen a pass through sway bar k frame that had biscuit mounts for an A body? Most likely not, and that’s why we thought was an E body....

I’ve seen plenty of E body K members and control arms and what you have was posted wrong so I decided to inform you or your error. Thats all. You didn’t believe me. NO biggie.

next time post a thread, “can anyone ID this K frame and suspension”. Plenty of knowledge to share on these sites.

then this won’t happen

Last edited:
View attachment 1715728864

Looks like the RH one in the photo is for a '66-7 B-body, and the LH one for the '62-5?

Well well well.......I posted the exact same question when I joined this site. I have a 1971 340 Demon that I bought as a project (K/H disc brakes). It too had the biscuit mounts and the through swaybar provision, although it had the old style swaybar installed. No one here had ever seen this so I too concluded that maybe it was a converted spool mount, or maybe an E-body K. The mystery continues...........

340 K frame with swaybar cutouts

Last edited:
Well well well.......I posted the exact same question when I joined this site. I have a 1971 Demon that I bought as a project. It too had the biscuit mounts and the through sawybar provision, although it had the old style swaybar installed. No one here had ever seen this so I too concluded that maybe it was a converted spool mount, or maybe an E-body K. The mystery continues...........

340 K frame with swaybar cutouts

Nice, at least I’m not the only one with some one off k frame. You have photos?

Greasy non damaged K frame, with upper and lower control arms, drum spindles, strut rods, drums and brake hardware. Was thinking this is an E body, due to in frame sway bar provision and biscuit motor mounts. Think it maybe a late 72/ early 73 k frame. It’s in storage and will up date post with measurements later this week.

300 OBO

Local pickup in Vancouver, WA only.

View attachment 1715728618

View attachment 1715728619

View attachment 1715728620

View attachment 1715728621
Just spit balling but, those look like A body control arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back