Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Bracknell

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Good day folks,

my son recently purchased a 74 Dodge Dart “Swinger” long story short we rebuilt the front end to find the frame was bent on both sides and the K-Member is mangled pretty bad. I am looking for a K-Frame to put in his car. I am REALLY new to A-Body cars and do not understand entirely all of the different options. The car is a 318/V8 car. Currently we are not looking to do a swap for a BB and not making huge HP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your 74 will have the spool type motor mounts. You need a 73+ V8 K frame. The only two options were slant six and V8 K frame so any v8 K from an A body will work. You could install an earlier K but would have to get the matching motor mounts.
Does your car have a front sway bar?

Your 74 will have the spool type motor mounts. You need a 73+ V8 K frame. The only two options were slant six and V8 K frame so any v8 K from an A body will work. You could install an earlier K but would have to get the matching motor mounts.
Does your car have a front sway bar?
Yes it has the front sway bar.

Any luck from all you hear heads on this? We are currently about a week from pulling the car off the frame machine at the school. The kiddos have done an amazing job of getting the frame pulled it and straightened up. The only missing piece is the K-frame for him to be on the road to putting it back together and having a daily driver as a 15 year old. Any help is much appreciated.

Any luck from all you hear heads on this? We are currently about a week from pulling the car off the frame machine at the school. The kiddos have done an amazing job of getting the frame pulled it and straightened up. The only missing piece is the K-frame for him to be on the road to putting it back together and having a daily driver as a 15 year old. Any help is much appreciated.

As @oldkimmer stated, follow this link and drop a Wanted Ad. You'll have better luck

Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted

I just did an early A K swap but you'll be wanting the spool mount type so be aware of that as stated previously

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back