k/h brake booster and master cyl.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont need the master cylinder but would love to have the booster.

Is this for disk/drum? Looks like a drum/drum M/C with its equal reservoir sizes?

I find it hard to believe that is the correct master cylinder for disc brakes, especially the 4 piston KH brakes. Any calipers would empty the small resivoirs contents in a heartbeat.
Maybe a previous owner put the wrong master cylinder in there.
Still interested in the booster.

I have a question for all the gurus. I have two 67 a bodies both with factory K/H disk brakes. Why do both my cars have master cylinders with different size reservoirs for the disk and drum set up and the 70-72 a bodies do not? I though that a disk brake master cylinder always had a larger reservoir for the disk brakes from the factory? What am I missing?

I have a question for all the gurus. I have two 67 a bodies both with factory K/H disk brakes. Why do both my cars have master cylinders with different size reservoirs for the disk and drum set up and the 70-72 a bodies do not? I though that a disk brake master cylinder always had a larger reservoir for the disk brakes from the factory? What am I missing?

Good question. Might be the same reason the early As master cylinder had a single line and resivoir. Engineers constantly discovering where they dropped the ball and changing/improving things.
But to suggest they un improved a design or to say any 40+ year old car still has the original master cylinder in use is beyond the scope of my imagination.

looks correct to me

heres a link to a disc brake master and booster.http://www.autopart.com/brakepowerbooster/BrakePowerBooster1970PLYMOUTHDUSTER.htm
looks the same.

good luck seller.

Took a look. First difference in the master cylinders I noticed is the depth of those resivoirs. Venting the center web cast between the 2 along with increased volume in both answers all the questions I had.
Viewing the top in the sellers pic inspires questions that are almost answered.

67 to 70 have the same master with disc brakes (lager res in the rear). 71 and 72 disc are the same masters. 67 to 70 with drums are different. i think 71 and 72 drums are different but not 100% on that.

I was thinking being that the op posted a top view pic didn't give a real depth perception of the resivoir. , could be wrong though. Anyhow. Best of luck on the sale

I've got 3 different master cylinders all with larger reservoirs in the rear with each one having a different style cover. None look like the M/C the the OP posted. With the larger reservoirs I'd guess they were for disc brakes. I'll post pictures after the camera battery charges up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back