K member ID

-

jawbone

Cuda_queer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If any of you guys have time to respond, I am trying to verify this K member will suit my 340 LA install into 68 Barracuda. Currently possess a /6. K member in question is approx. 20 inches from outside perch to perch. From what I have understood, this will fit 67-72 A body V8 install. Understand I do not want K member from 67 for reasons I currently cannot remember. Do this look like a good part for my application? If so, what vintage K member is this?

P1060563.JPG

P1060564.JPG

P1060565.JPG

P1060566.JPG

P1060567.JPG

My 68 Valiant original 6 car = We used a converstion
mount from Motech in So Cal. Chris bought Schmacher
a while back. Fit like a glove and Easy-Peasy. I hate
changing K members!

My 68 Valiant original 6 car = We used a converstion
mount from Motech in So Cal. Chris bought Schmacher
a while back. Fit like a glove and Easy-Peasy. I hate
changing K members!
Hi, I was aware of Motech and Schmacher and like you said; I hate changing K members. I am on the fence regarding changing it or not but needed to make sure I had the correct materials. If the K member did not work out then not a problem. Like you said, Motech can solve my problem. Was also considering having this K member re-welded. Not the best workmanship. Guess a machine did it. But an option to make it better.

Just FYI, the 67 K member has a less desirable idler arm mount. Later K's support the idler arm top and bottom - like yours does.

Just FYI, the 67 K member has a less desirable idler arm mount. Later K's support the idler arm top and bottom - like yours does.
Thanks for the reminder. Remember reading about some issue but could not recall the details.

-
Back