K - Member question

-

olddog12

Reaction score
How can I tell what year K member I have? I planning on using this to relocate to mounts to hold my 440 but want to make sure its the correct K member first. I was looking at the post on BBD.com and I notice mine has 1 hole and theirs has 3 holes through the center section, maybe it doesn't matter but I dunno.

Attachments

• DSCF2169.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF2168.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 146
All spool mounts are 73 and later, and all spool mount use the "through the K" type anti-sway bar. The only question then becomes "is it /6" or "is it V8"

The only significant difference 72 / and earlier other than whether they are 6 / V8 is that the 67 has the oddball idler arm mount, and that can be modified to 68 / later. 72/ earlier are all "pillow" engine mounts

This site has info........

http://www.engine-swaps.com/

Also I believe the spool mounts are narrower on the /6 then the v8 and the difference between big block and small block is the length of the motor mount only. I have a set of BB
motor mounts I cleaned and painted , they came off a 400 should fit a 440 if interested.

Can't tell you exactly what year yours is, but it is a '73-'76 A body V8 K member...

Excellent guys, thanks alot! Cut the mounts off last nite and all ready to reweld, and thanks zigs but I have a set of mounts for the 440.

-
Back