Kaufman trailers

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
We have a small Kaufman trailer where I work. It's been a really good trailer for the abuse and over weight that it has endured. It's a single axle trailer that we hauled a Asphalt roller on for atleast 4 years.

My dad had a 48' three car wedge. It was a nice quality unit. A lot of the hot shotters that haul for hire use kaufmans. If/when I can afford to buy a trailer, Kaufman will be the first place I start looking.

Never heard of them but looks like a good one. I have a PJ 10,000 which is powdered coated a + but the only thing i don't like is the leaf springs. If i ever get another one it will have torsion springs as the ride on the 10 with leafs is very rough when empty and i see that one has leafs

If you have the extra cash go aluminum.
Aluminum is the way to go an car trailers.

I dont recomend aluminum on light use trailers like a 6 x 12 because the bounce too much un-loaded.

i own a 24 foot landscape style that i ordered a couple years ago. great trailer but force them to change to radial 10 ply tires they run bias ply as a standard and those are trash didnt last long at all because of scrub from front to rear. i doubt you need a 20 plus footer to haul cars on i assume you are hauling equipment. just remember heavier cost to move it up the road and the PULL HEAVY ( at least mine does )

Has the same style frame as mine, where the tongue/frame extend to the axles under the bed. Trailer I had in the past had the a-frame and bed as one. When loading something heavy on it you could see it flex some. When towing it it seemed to move around a a lot. The one I have now does not move around at all. Have had it slightly (600 or so pounds) overloaded and still towed well. I use an Equalizer hitch, can't say enough good things about it.

i own a 24 foot landscape style that i ordered a couple years ago. great trailer but force them to change to radial 10 ply tires they run bias ply as a standard and those are trash didnt last long at all because of scrub from front to rear. i doubt you need a 20 plus footer to haul cars on i assume you are hauling equipment. just remember heavier cost to move it up the road and the PULL HEAVY ( at least mine does )

You're right. I'm not just looking at this as a car hauler, but moving some small equipment up the road. A buddy of mine has a smaller Kubota loader that I'll be using occasionally with the brush hog attached. That's one of the reasons I'm looking at a full deck: his width is small enough that the loader doesn't fit on the normal open deck trailer.

If all goes well, I'll be closing the deal on a 9N that I want to have the ability to haul around with attachments, too.

Mine has a 17 foot deck and I have hauled everything from car to tractors and even planters without trouble. I would say if I bought again I would go 8 1/2 feet wide rather than the 7 1/2 foot wide deck mine has.

Looks like a very nice trailer. I've got an 18' car hauler with 7K axles, and I wish I would have had the cash to go to a 20' with 10K axles sometimes. It's always done what I need to do though. One thing to watch out for is the metal floored trailers are extremely slick when they get wet. That though never even crossed my mind when I bought mine but a friend of mine who was shopping for a trailer mentioned it to me and it has always stuck with me. Since then I've paid attention to them, and been around some metal floor trailers and in my opinion they are slicker than a wood floored trailer if there's any amount of moisture on them. Good luck with the purchase though.

Ordered it up about six weeks ago and took delivery today. Tell you what, customer service was awesome, from the saleswoman who took my order to the shop manager who called during the assembly and completion to the truck driver who delivered it up from North Carolina.

Went with the twenty three footer. Paid a little extra for the "deluxe" model, which upgraded the tires to radials, a sealed wiring harness, LED lights, and stake pockets (she had me sold on the stake pockets) and extra D-rings.

There was a snag with unloading it, though. The guys at the lumber yard said no problem when I asked if they could unload it, then when it got here, they realized their tow motor couldn't do it on it's own. Luckily, one of the area contractors came into the store while I was making phone calls to the local marinas and sent over his tow motor so they could tag team it off the stack

The guys at the lumber yard earned themselves a sheet pizza for lunch and a large order for exterior glued OSB and pressure treated 2x4's so I can make sides for it.

My "car" trailer will also double as a large utility trailer.

Just a few odds and ends to purchase for it and it's ready to rock.

View attachment trailer.jpg

what kind of pricing?

For this one, $4100 delivered, $3700 for the trailer, $400 for delivery.

The price included the upgrades and a few options, like the chain box.

Most of the car trailers up for sale on craigslist are whipped the s*** out of for the prices. And the new dealers around here wanted about $2000 more for a shorter trailer with open decks. A full deck was a must have for me.

Nice trailer Robert,'and even nicer that you are the first owner ! I agree on buying used, very seldom can you find a quality used trailer for sale that isn't beat to heck.
Nice purchase!!! Geof

I sold a guy from California a pick-up.
He flew in & picked up the truck & asked me where the nearest trailer dealer was.
He told me that he could buy a trailer here, tow it back to Cali, sell it & pay for his trip.
The price of trailers on the left & right coast are exspensive.
I sold a new trailer like the one you are looking at, for $2250.00. My son had gotten it when he won a track championship.
Thet retail for it is 2850.00 here in Oklahoma.
I'm just amazed at the price difference.

I sold a guy from California a pick-up.
He flew in & picked up the truck & asked me where the nearest trailer dealer was.
He told me that he could buy a trailer here, tow it back to Cali, sell it & pay for his trip.
The price of trailers on the left & right coast are exspensive.
I sold a new trailer like the one you are looking at, for $2250.00. My son had gotten it when he won a track championship.
Thet retail for it is 2850.00 here in Oklahoma.
I'm just amazed at the price difference.

Even going from Tulsa to the four corners! *passes out* prices here in Cortez were real close to prices in Tulsa about 2yrs ago. NOT NOW!

Anyone heard of 'em?

I'm in need of a car trailer and this is the one I'm looking at:

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heavy-equipment-trailer-store/Kaufman-Trailers-Catalog/Tilt-Car-Trailers/10,000-GVWR---21-ft.-Diamond-Floor-Car-Trailer-p66.html

More than I need on GVW, but I like going heavier, knowing that it'll stand up to what I'm going to haul. Twenty-one foot puts it about the right length, but can go 23' or 25' for a up to $500 more.

There's a guy here in town that sells lots of em. Haven't heard anyone complain about them

-
Back