Keep her in your thoughts....

-
It's a good chance of snow there. Going down to 2* tonight. Not good for arthritis, depression, psoraisis. Shorter days with little sun add to it. Back at the end of Sept., I think the weather/ daylight changed enough for her. (I assumed you were still in a warm climate.) My cousins had to move from Detroit due to health conditions, Phoenix and take the train up to Durango in the summer.
My Dad had to leave high school early to take care of his brothers and sisters. One room school house. The misfire years ago may have been a thank you for taking taking care of your Dad for those years.
You can find a way to indirectly help the neighbors kids. Don't have to watch them suffer. Donate to the local charity in their name, or something nice. Accidentally throw a football in their yard for the kid.
Sure it is beautiful there. But staring at a gun again, not so nice. Do you guys have a hot tub/ whirlpool or access to one? Stay at a motel with one for a night for a short break, sauna maybe? Do you guys have a sun lamp?

Police Department in Ford, Washington with Reviews - YP.com

Last edited:
Prayers and best wishes Doug, I wish I could help you. If it helps you to tell us, please share. We are all pulling for you and Ernestina. Don't commit suicide because she needs you, and it might mean very little to you, but we like you posting here-we appreciate you as well.

Please keep us up to date.
Again, prayers and best wishes.
-your friend John

20* today
Sunny tomorrow and Wednesday, but chilly at night.
Some snow next week.

Doug, not much of an advice giver or problem solver. I'm outside finishing changing the timing belt in the sleet while the Dart is in the garage. Weatherman was not right. Working in shorter intervals. Have to help a friend pack air meters now. Plans always change.

Last edited:
55 here today. No wind yet. Doug has not posted in several days. Nothing in the paper that I saw. Indicated to Joey in PM that these type of posts could probably use a separate discussion area. Tom's off to California. Holidays are tough. Maybe for this year we can have a separate prayer/ help/ not taking my meds./ discussion area vs. General.
Beautiful sunrise here today. Two Cooper Hawks kept circling while I was laying under the car finishing up in the driveway. Beautiful birds. Miss the morning doves, though. I took it as a sign to get up and keep moving.

Last edited:
does anyone live close and stay in contact with him? His last post didn't sound good. Hope everything is ok prayers sent

I live close and am willing to help. I've never actually met Doug, but I know Del has.

Haven't heard anything that would make me think Doug did something.

Anyone heard anything out of Doug?
I live in Ohio, if I was anywhere near close to him I'd go knock on a door.
I do have his address.

Where is he located? Last time he posted, he was in a bad place, and that was almost a week ago. Hasn't been on since.

Sure sorry to hear this Doug. I'm not as badd but have an idea how she feels. When your in pain you don't feel like exercising and that leads to more eating (usually junk). If she can tough it out and get over that big hurdle it'll help

I've been talking to him through messenger the past couple days!! Yes, this time of year can be tough, especially when you're already physically hurting! Doug said I could update you all so you don't worry, and he and Ernie are doing ok!! He also said that if he felt up to it, he would post an update here as well! I told him that we are keeping he and Ernie in our thoughts, and also of our concern, and I know he appreciates it!! I'll let him speak more to that when he responds, but just know that they are in the house, warm, and have the pups to keep their spirits up, and are doing their best to keep on track!! Thanks to all for keeping them in your thoughts and prayers!!

Geoff, thanks for the update. That sure makes me feel better to know they are ok. Continuing prayers for all of you. Hope Nella is well also and had a great Christmas, Joe

Geoff, thanks for the update. That sure makes me feel better to know they are ok. Continuing prayers for all of you. Hope Nella is well also and had a great Christmas, Joe

Thanks Joe!! Nella is doing ok, her procedure is on Monday, and we hope that it will finally vanquish the CDiff for good!!

I have heard of that procedure before and the first time I thought it was bs but it worked, prayers that it works for that sweet Nella too!

Glad they were able to make contact and check on Doug. Praying for Nella Monday. Doug left his friends here in a bad place on the 30th, as Tom did prior to Christmas. Doug lives in a remote place. Truely amazingly beautiful country and scenery. There is sketchy cell service. There are seven deputies for 2,400 square miles in the poorest county in Washington. The fire station is 14 miles away. They have brush fires in summer and cold in winter, per Doug. Several of his neighbors live in tents. Overall there are very few resources availible to offer assistance in a crisis in a rapid manner there. Facebook seems to be a good resource to stay in touch as a primary or a backup for emergencies. Glad to hear they are doing well and are safe.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I appreciate the concerns..I am just as much to blame for this train wreck as she is. When I was 14 my dad had 5 strokes. While he survived he lost his speech, the use of his right arm and had limited use of his right leg. Quit high school and became care taker. I was very shy growing up...the result was I never learned how to deal with people. Fast forward a bit...diagnosed with PTSD, mixed bi-polar, severe with psychotic tendencies. Paranoia, persacutory ideation (the feeling that everyone is out to "get me") tagged along.
Mixed bipolar...means I am manic and depressed all at once....which makes me extremely volatile at times. Which translates into making me extremely difficult to get along with at times....and almost impossible to know how I am going to respond to things. Contrary to what many think meds are not the answer for many folks like me. I can not take any of the mood stabilizers. If I take anti depressants on their own they trigger a near constant mania...which is often accompanied with blackouts...thats when things get very interesting. This is what happened...
Couple this with a wife who has a very hard time opening up about things...and often uses "I don't know" as an attempt to get around things...and well....sh*t happens...
My head doc actually had me in his office for close to 2 hours this week. We will be trying to figure out how to deal with my end of this.
One of the last things my Ex told me was that living with me was like living with Jekyll & Hyde.
Sadly we have not heard any news on the new med that the rheumatologist wants Ernie on. When I looked it up the wholesale price on was $2800 a dose. Starts with a loading doses...which means weekly doses for 4 weeks. Equally as frustrating is Ernies immune system is in the crapper...which makes her prone to damn near everything that comes along. She went to her sewing guild on Tuesday. Started feeling a bit off on Wednesday...by Thursday afternoon was all sorts of sick. Seen the doc today....some sort of infection...
I have apparently gotten thru to her. No more stupidly sweet coffee sweeteners. No more daily monstrous amounts of carbohydrates/starches. Result after just a week....she dropped 10 pounds.
I am not one to have a scale in the house so I don't know if I have lost any of my excess girth. But I will say this...have had to cinch my belt down 2 holes. One of my knock around t-shirts that was very snug is loose.

-
Back