Keep her in your thoughts....

-
sounds like you are doing the best you can to over come this. Talking with the Dr was an important step. Praying that the both of you get better soon. Thanks for coming on here and let us hear from you. We care, Joe

A bit of info about mixed bipolar...
What Is Mixed Bipolar Disorder?
Hope I copied the entire link. Antipsychotics drugs... Safaris, Zyprexa, Seroquel and Resperdol....tried them. All had the same results...some of the more memorable explosive manic episodes...I was on Zyprexa when I had a bit of a disagreement with a guy at work. He is gay. Have 0 troubles with homosexuality....my daughter is a Lesbian. Anyhow, Virg thought he was being funny by flooding my work area with equipment that had one piece of mail in it. All was well until he shoved equipment into me. Lights in my head turned off...I hurled a 95 pound piece of equipment over a pair of 6' high cages...flight distance was over 20'. Ernie was working across the hall...she restrained somebody whof was going to "help"...telling him "if you make this problem yours so will he"...
One of the things that really gets under my skin is when someone who has 0 knowledge of mixed bipolar says I need to take meds...only been dealing with this since I have been 15...pretty sure I thought of that...
While I am rambling...I am very bitter about a lot of things. Not saying that Ernie may not have developed all of her problems...but in a chat with her rheumatologist he did agree with me...that had Ernie not had fallen at work the fibromyalgia wouldn't have started. And all the other crap as well. She fell at the USPS. She fell because her boss instructed her to work in an unsafe manner. She was in a situation that she had no choice.
The Post Office rolled out this National Reassessment Program to rid itself of all of the injured work force. She was forced into disability retirement. She was the only reason I was able to go to work. She, along with a very amount (16 or so pills) of Vicodin, several milligrams of Xanax nightly, was able to keep me from hurting people. I pretty much had no choice but to leave.

Ink, I really do feel your pain. My wife is bi-polar and I suffer from PTSD. Taking pills isn't always the answer. In fact, I have pills that I hate the way they make me feel. What's good for one person isn't always the answer for another. I understand the situation at USPS, people who have never worked there just can't wrap their head around that. The thing about your wife, I was always told "do what they say, grief it later." But fat lot of good that does after you're hurt. Management couldn't care less about the people there, they'll just get another one off the street.
If you need anything, just give me a shout. Sometimes 2 "nutjobs" are better than one.

Glad to hear you are ok, Doug. I made plans to head out your way to try and knock on your door but something came up before I could, and then cosgig posted that he had been in contact so I figured I would leave you alone.

And the BS continues. She was diagnosed with IBS a while back. Doc put her on....think it was Viberzi. Needed a pretty authorization from the insurance. Which they gave....med was working. Had several renewals with 0 troubles. Until a couple weeks ago. Pharmacy called her, told her to call the insurance company. Ernie was told that she needs to be on several other meds before they would approve this. When she asked why they previously approved it they claim to have no knowledge of it...

Rheumatologist office called today. Insurance company refused to authorize the med they want her on. Protocol is she needs to have been on Enbrel and Humira first. Humira was a nightmare for her. Never been on Enbrel. Don't remember the reason docs didn't want her on it but suppose it doesn't matter. So now the doc needs to submit the paperwork for Enbrel and wait...again...for several weeks...This sucks...

Ink, I really do feel your pain. My wife is bi-polar and I suffer from PTSD. Taking pills isn't always the answer. In fact, I have pills that I hate the way they make me feel. What's good for one person isn't always the answer for another. I understand the situation at USPS, people who have never worked there just can't wrap their head around that. The thing about your wife, I was always told "do what they say, grief it later." But fat lot of good that does after you're hurt. Management couldn't care less about the people there, they'll just get another one off the street.
If you need anything, just give me a shout. Sometimes 2 "nutjobs" are better than one.
The week she got hurt 4 others did as well...all in the same manner. Not one of the employees were written up...which translates into management silently admitting guilt. This particular manager is a real winner. Don't remember the specifics but he fired someone. Guy lost his home and car. Ended up moving to Nebraska to stay with his sister. Filed an EEO complaint...and won. $300k + all sorts of damages. Post office bought him a car, house and paid for his move both ways. Gave his sister a chunk for rent etc. By the time all was said and done...cost to the Post Office was a tad over 3 million. Managers punishment...a 6 month ad hoc job in Hawaii...stayed in a 5 star hotel...$500 per day "allowance". Paid for his wifes airfare when ever she wanted to go visit...she also got $500 a day...rental cars covered...he'll of a punishment, eh?

Ink, what P/O plan you on? I got a letter a couple weeks ago about having to get third party approval for my Narcolepsy meds. I'm of the opinion that my doc prescribed the meds for a reason, and who the hell is a 3rd party to say its okay? The meds I'm on are because of the PTSD, I can't be amped up anymore than I already am, and now some 3rd party says I can't have them because I should basically be taking "speed" instead.
As for the P/O, what you say makes perfect sense to me. I was a city carrier, my P/M was a POOM in another state, he managed to get a sexual harassment charge and it cost the P/O a couple hundred grand. Fire him? oh no! they sent the asshole to us. He cost the P/O another couple hundred grand in grievances before he got popped for sexual harassment again. P/O didn't fire him, just sent him off to South Carolina with a nice promotion.

Ink, what P/O plan you on? I got a letter a couple weeks ago about having to get third party approval for my Narcolepsy meds. I'm of the opinion that my doc prescribed the meds for a reason, and who the hell is a 3rd party to say its okay? The meds I'm on are because of the PTSD, I can't be amped up anymore than I already am, and now some 3rd party says I can't have them because I should basically be taking "speed" instead.
As for the P/O, what you say makes perfect sense to me. I was a city carrier, my P/M was a POOM in another state, he managed to get a sexual harassment charge and it cost the P/O a couple hundred grand. Fire him? oh no! they sent the asshole to us. He cost the P/O another couple hundred grand in grievances before he got popped for sexual harassment again. P/O didn't fire him, just sent him off to South Carolina with a nice promotion.
We both have Medicare as a primary and GEHA as a secondary. Have had zero complaints...up til now. GEHA covers any medical expenses after Medicare pays. We have 0 deductible and 0 co-pays.
Doc is sending her info on Enbrel. Think that gets frustrating is the 2-3 week turn around time.
The Postal shuffle. Manager makes a train wreck just move them on. Russell was one of our managers. Great guy, kept me out of a ton of trouble. More than once went to him with a problem...always resolved them. Beautiful wife, 3 great kids, beautiful house. He was banging a supervisor. None of the USPS concern...until they got caught....by her husband...in a motel that Russell used his USPS paid credit card to pay for...while they were both on the clock. Her husband filed for divorce, she resigned and moved home to Alabama. Russell got demoted to a PTF mail handler. He was a EAS35, think he was making $100k a year. He didn't get put on the mail handler pay...which at top rated was about $50k, he was left at the EAS. Within 6 months he was back in management. Bypassed the whole floor level management system...right back into the administrator side. Russell played golf with a friend of mine, told all this to my buddy. Russell did get raked over the coals by the now former wife..Az is a community property state, she got half of everything...including his pension when he retires.
Just wondering...was your P/M Tim Felton or Dave Deltasone? These 2 guys, combined, had 9 sexual harassment EEO claims between them...the USPS paid out $300k a pop. When they lost the first EEO they were both 204b's. They both ended up with Tour 2, Sat/Sun office jobs. I called them the Elliott Ness brothers...the Untouchables....

Last edited:
And the BS continues. Health insurance company denied the med that the rheumatologist wants her on, saying she needs to have been on Humira and Enbrel first. She was on Humira several years ago...didn't help. Doc submitted the paperwork for Enbrel....denied...Doc has already started the appeal process. In the meantime she feels absolutely horrible....asshats....

-
Back