keisler

-

sson

Barracuda
Reaction score
Hey all!
Just wondering who has a keisler perfect fit 5 speed kit? was it complete and were there any mods? I have a 67 barracuda and want to change out the 727 to a 5 speed

Them guys are ripoffs plus changed there name they were so bad.I got riped off by them first hand. Mark

Changed there name? Changed to what?

i'm not sure about the name change. i know shafi and i have not heard that. i can suggest American Powertrain as an alternative. keisler modified my tko600 to go in my duster and i bought everything else from him also. it's been great so far. i know alot of people have been pi$$ed about his new trans on delivery.

One is in Cookeville and one is near Knoxville?
I don't see the complete kits at American Powertrain for a conversion.
(Peddles, etc.)
I would need those for what I'm thinking about.

The Passon 855 five speed is a direct bolt in. The Keisler has to have the bell housing and the floor pan modified, but saves the torsion bar support. They modify the Tremec to fit into the tunnel. The American Power Train unit has to have the bell housing, floor pan and the torsion bar support modified, but uses a stock Tremec.

I passed this link onto a friend who had a lot of trouble with Keebler. Hopefully he'll share his experience with them.

I wanted one for my Dart Sport. The complete kit estimate including hydraulic assemblies was $5800. It was too rich for my blood and I went with a 200R4 automatic overdrive instead. I have never heard anything but good things about Kiesler.

no connection between American and Keisler. my buddy Matt works for American Powertrain. a guy that used to work for shafi keisler left and started American Powertrain.

i used to have a thread on moparts about my experience with shafti and keebler, make a long story short, they sent me a wrong flywheel, their half-assed attempted to fixing the problem with to use a 1 inch spacer between the bell housing and the starter, and also to dent the hell out of brand new tti headers. I never heard anything back from them, so me and my dad DROVE to knoxville,tn, roughly a 5hr drive one way, and stayed there until they fixed it. shafti said he would send us half the cost of the flywheel, if i did something with that thread, i sent emails to him and ben, never heard anything from either of them until i show one of them at a show in Charlotte,nc. never got the money either

i wouldnt recommend keebler to anyone, if i could do it all over again i would put the passion peformance 5 speed in or the american power train setup in,

if you want to waste money on buying a kit from keebler, you might as well just set fire to the money in the middle of a busy intersection and hope the transmission gods hit you in the head with a tko

oh yeah, before i forget. i did the whole phone tag and email **** for about 3 months

if you want to waste money on buying a kit from keebler, you might as well just set fire to the money in the middle of a busy intersection and hope the transmission gods hit you in the head with a tko
Now that's funny right there!!!

Just joined here and seen this thread, which is related to my main issue right now, I'm trying to find out best fit for a 72-383 Dart currently running a 727 in front of 3:55 's just not happy with the RPM at cruising speed, I've researched Kiesler and discovered they declared bankruptcy and I don't want a gear vendors bolt on overdrive unit been told to do up a A518 been told 700R also 4l60E any help from anyone that has traveled this road would be greatly appreciated the car is running 500 hp

Yep Keisler is out of business, best trans out there is from Passon, no other choice needed!

Hey all!
Just wondering who has a keisler perfect fit 5 speed kit? was it complete and were there any mods? I have a 67 barracuda and want to change out the 727 to a 5 speed

Welcome to the forum!
I sent you a private message with some information.
Dallas

-
Back