Kelsey Hayes 4 piston brake calipers

-

TXBubba1970

Reaction score
Will someone confirm that the bleeder on the front calipers for a 1970 duster are on the top outside of the rotor. I am currently in a discussion with my supplier about this.

I thought they were on the inside, looks like the outside
found this picture on the internet

Kelsey Hayes Calipers 007 (Copy).JPG

That's one of my pictures from a long ago, caliper(s) sale.

FYI
Calipers mount towards the REAR, so there is a left and right caliper, with bleeder screws facing UP.

That's one of my pictures from a long ago, caliper(s) sale.

FYI
Calipers mount towards the REAR, so there is a left and right caliper, with bleeder screws facing UP.
Yes bleeder on top, but on the outside of the rotor?

I am in need of a passenger side caliper any suggestions?
I don't have a Right single caliper for sale, but a REBUILT single left.
Also have a rebuilt pair.
Want't to buy a pair?
Check out the For Sale page.
Rebuilt calipers these days, are pretty much "out of stock" at the parts store level.
It's hit or miss, in trying to find them, in this modern day and age.

Last edited:
air bleeds are always at the top for obvious reasons
I had discs on my 78 Triumph motorcycle. The rear caliper was mounted upside down. You had to pull the caliper, turn it rightside up and put a block of wood in to pump it up and bleed it. :mob:

I had discs on my 78 Triumph motorcycle. The rear caliper was mounted upside down. You had to pull the caliper, turn it rightside up and put a block of wood in to pump it up and bleed it. :mob:
Had a '65 650 BSA with twin Amal carbs in '67, enough said about British vehicles lol

I seen other bikes like that too. I had a dual-disc Yamaha once, that the only way to bleed it was to take the entire front system off and bench bleed it.Then re-install it. Sounds bad but it was only7 screws, including the two wee ones clamping the M/C on. That's going back like 25/30 years ago

-
Back