Kelsey Hayes disc

-

chryslerfat

Reaction score
Just bought dart assemblies and the lower ball joints that came with them are bad. Will the 10 inch drum brake ball joints work from my 66 Cuda as thats what they are going on? They are the 4 piston small bolt assemblies.

So then I would have to buy lower balljoints for a 71 Dart disc brake car to put these on my 66 Cuda. Correct?

I had a new pair of Lower ball joints for Drum brakes. When i compared the new one with one of the old Disc brake ones. I found the only difference was the size of the lower bolts that held them on. Drum uses 1/2 inch tread bolts and the disc uses 9/16. I used a drill press, drilled the holes larger, and Bam, they fit.

I had a new pair of Lower ball joints for Drum brakes. When i compared the new one with one of the old Disc brake ones. I found the only difference was the size of the lower bolts that held them on. Drum uses 1/2 inch tread bolts and the disc uses 9/16. I used a drill press, drilled the holes larger, and Bam, they fit.

That`s good information. Are they identical in every other way? Is there any more material in the area around the bolt holes?

Well the holes do have less material around them on the drum joints, but your only talking 1/16 of an inch larger. I bought a 9/16 drill bit for my drill press and it was a breeze.

That is great news and will probably save a lot of money for people doing a brake swap. Last time I checked, lower ball joints were not cheap and there was a huge difference in price between disc and drum ball joints. FABO and it`s members do it again! :thumbup:

>Will the 10 inch drum brake ball joints work from my 66 Cuda<

Yes.

As noted above, the 9 inch drum brake ball joints won't, but the 10 inch and disc brake ball joints are one and the same.

I've done this swap many times.

--Walt Jackson

-
Back