Kelsey Hayes setup, what is it worth?

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
On my 71 Duster, I am doing the swap to 73 Duster front brakes.

Off my car I have both sides... calipers, spindles, steering arms/ball joints (bad), upper control arms (bad bushings), rotors and pads all together so all of the hardware will be there.

Rotors and pads look like they were installed 27 years ago when the car was parked, I would assume the rotors would be usable with a turn if someone really needed a pair.

Anyway, is this setup worth anything? I would assume some of these parts are hard to find. Shipping would be pricey I think and its all heavy and I am in Canada.

anyway, just looking for an opinion

1C53A5D5-2B72-4A0A-B05B-19EEB991CF26.jpeg

FCD598A8-426B-40A8-BEC8-5583FA48338D.jpeg

2C8E4549-FC7A-4F7B-86F3-C0DEC8571A07.jpeg

6E1738FD-AF4C-43AA-8064-CC16A6696FAF.jpeg

5CB1748C-AF0E-4CD1-A696-0D4FC24DF968.jpeg

25444958-52FD-4A5A-A403-80A63B5E9ADE.jpeg

If I was looking I would pay more because all the parts are there, just needs a rebuild.

My thinking is 250.00

A couple years ago I paid $300 with shipping for a used set-up like that. Rotors, calipers and pads are available new, so you could save someone shipping by not including those. But the brackets, bolts and hard lines attached to the calipers are necessary and rare.

As far as I see, a set of K/H cores and a set of spindles and hubs (no dust shields). Need to price it from there.

The key is to have "All" the hardware including the Steering arm bolts. But it's also a logistics thing. Personally I would pay 200.00 and it would have to be within driving distance... Absolutely no more than $250.00

Where your setup is worth some coin is someone looking for an OEM setup in your neck of the woods and is willing to recondition and replace the Calipers and such unless they can rebuild them. To that person it will be worth a little more. Small bolt pattern is a small market. But it is complete or so it appears anyways....

JW

$350 to $400 all day long....here is what you do..try looking for a set and see what they cost you

I agree with the $300-400 pricing. I have been looking for a set but shipping would kill it from Canada, I just sent an 8" square weighing less then 2 lbs package to Ontario from Chicago and it was $21!

I'm more in agreement with Steve in post #6. What you have has all the small parts all the lines and everything. I don't even seen evidence the calipers were leakin. That might be a bolt on and go set.

As for shipping you could probably disassemble and flat rate in a few boxes.

I sent a shipping box 1000 miles east weighing 12 lbs = 70 bucks. The return trip weighing 50 lbs = 80 bucks.

Once a package gets to be a certain size the weight is secondary

Had one reply locally, was able to get $200 for it all. I was happy. The guy I bought the car from has some stuff he found he will sell me so I have a few extra bucks now to but that. Appreciate all of the replies and opinions.

-
Back