Kewl Go Kart barn find what's it worth

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
I was scratchin fleas and just mindin my business and this just caught my eye and after talking to the owner I ended up being the new owner,it's condition speaks for itself and yes it runs and I was impressed by the tears it brought to my eyes when testing it,I still havent topped it out but If anyone knows about this type of cart or some idea what it is worth please let me know,this I don't believe is a cart suitable for some children,it is definately for asphalt only and if ya gotta have it make a reasonable offer.heres what I do know about it....I believe it's built by fox go boy mfg,maybe a flyweight or mak kart,it is a flexible chrome moly frame appears to have very lil' time on it and was made in the 60's from what I can find so far it is a 1963 but I am not sure
1.......fast
2.......looks kewl
3.......new tires
4fairbanks-morse 5"internal expanding brakes
5LeMans magnesium wheels,one has a chip in it
6seat is made by satellite
7staineless steel hardware thruout
8if it could be chromed.....it got chromed

go1.JPG

go2.JPG

go3.JPG

go4.JPG

go5.JPG

go6.JPG

foxfly2.jpg

That thing is AWESOME!! I am willing to bet you got it cheap too! 8)

When is my turn.Man that brings back old times my guess as to price 1000 bucks or more.Hey lets see you do a burn out with it.It will do it mine always did.Mine was not that sweet but it had a Briggs & Stratton 5 horse.

is there a set price or maybe we could trade and cash or trade or just cash i would love to have that it is the coolest go kart i have ever seen

It has a top end sprocket so I havent been able to top it out yet before the street ends....holy crow......I been looking on the vintage racing cart sites...Wow they are into these things like were into a bodies....It sure looks kewl in the back of the waggin!!!
When is my turn.Man that brings back old times my guess as to price 1000 bucks or more.Hey lets see you do a burn out with it.It will do it mine always did.Mine was not that sweet but it had a Briggs & Stratton 5 horse.

Myself and our closest neighbors made a oval dirt track and we would get out and race go carts. Man, we'd have about seven carts out having a hell of a time. My friend across the street and I had racing engines so we had the fastest carts. My down fall was not having a live axle. My tire would spin most of the way around the track. Ah...the memories of having dirt in our teeth sand in our under wear.

Nice little find Waggin!I see it has a centrifical clutch,we used to jam a penny in there to bumstart my buddies years ago(pocket full of pennies LOL)Be careful,there fast!

P.S Ya left some fleas on the seat!!LMAO!

Yep it's got the live axel and new slicks all the way around,I scuffed em in a lil' yesterday and this morning
Myself and our closest neighbors made a oval dirt track and we would get out and race go carts. Man, we'd have about seven carts out having a hell of a time. My friend across the street and I had racing engines so we had the fastest carts. My down fall was not having a live axle. My tire would spin most of the way around the track. Ah...the memories of having dirt in our teeth sand in our under wear.

That go-kart is freakin' cool waggin'! Hell, if that were mine, I'd keep it. Like '71 Dodge said, that is the coolest kart I've ever seen. I've seen faster ones but that sucker brings memories of my mispent youth getting chased by the cops, lol. Way 70's and way cool bud. Keep it, I'd bet you'd never find another.

BTW, we need to see a bleach burnout.

well further research concludes it is the fox flyweight built in 1963 by fox go bot mfg.jonesville wisconsin,this is the version they set land speed records with rocket engines on....Holy crow they was brave back in the day!!! Built in 1964 on a 1963 Fox Flyweight Go-Kart chassis by Bob Rapp of Rapp Welding, Fairfield, NJ. It was stored in his garage and kept intact for over 30 years. After blowing off the dust the electrical system was tested and it still works. Amazingly the tanks still have pressure in them. The rockets are modified Turbonique T-32-A engines that produce over 400 pounds of thrust each. They run on a monopropellant that was marketed as "Thermolene". This was actually N Propyl Nitrate, a stable fuel that burns with incredible power and high efficiency. Legend has it that these engines were prone to explosion under the wrong circumstances and there may have been some fatalities.

To the best of my knowledge, this kart was intended to break the world record for the fastest go-kart. The initial test runs proved that the vehicle was unsafe as constructed. According to all accounts this kart went from zero to 150mph in 4 seconds before becoming airborne and sliding out of control. Luckily the driver was not hurt. At that time it was featured in a magazine article titled "Too Much" that stated the above story. The article also said that the kart was getting a major design change to make it aerodynamically and mechanically capable of using it's available thrust. As we can see, and lucky for us, that never happened.

This kart is all original and in excellent condition right down to the tires. We plan on restoring it where needed and possibly making the engines operational. Of course it will have to be safe using modern technology to be sure that it will not explode when ignited.

We need any and all information about this go-kart or about Turbonique. If you have any information that may be helpful contact us : [email protected]

No, it's not for sale…..

RocketKart.com

rocketcart.gif

rocket2.gif

Cool old cart

I know a guy that is taking 5 hp Briggs engine and modifing them for go carts. Jesel rockers, comp cam and estimated 70HP for all out with custom head

That would make it really fly

If you don't need the cash hang on to it, haul it around in the wagon and have a blast when you can.

I remember watching them race in Orlando Fla. waggin, They used hay bails and closed off a complete block in town some where and like you said they scream and turn on a dime, That is way to cool. Great find =P~=P~
You got to keep it so I can take a spin in it one day:cheers::cheers:

That is one cool cart. I built some home made carts when I was a kid but never had the money to do a real nice one. How many horse is that engine rated at? I see in the specs it says it's a McCullough MC30 but it looks like a Briggs. Did McCullough make them special for carts?

I don't think the briggs came on it but the install was professional,started life as a 5 horse but after they add all the roller bearings and stuff they do I have no clue but learning as I go,I had some homemade ones in the past too and also had a kewl twin engine one when I was younger that mom bought me but the most I ever had on it was a single 3 1/2 horse on it but it was fast and handled like it was on a rail and I was a small kid so I could catch the faster carts on the long haul
That is one cool cart. I built some home made carts when I was a kid but never had the money to do a real nice one. How many horse is that engine rated at? I see in the specs it says it's a McCullough MC30 but it looks like a Briggs. Did McCullough make them special for carts?

I kind of got lost here... is your yellow cart the same red cart with the rockets or is the red one belong to the guy in NJ?

Cool cart either way, make a great pit cart.

I don't think the briggs came on it but the install was professional,started life as a 5 horse but after they add all the roller bearings and stuff they do I have no clue but learning as I go,I had some homemade ones in the past too and also had a kewl twin engine one when I was younger that mom bought me but the most I ever had on it was a single 3 1/2 horse on it but it was fast and handled like it was on a rail and I was a small kid so I could catch the faster carts on the long haul

Gotcha. It looks great. Somebody did a nice job. I had a home made one with a 8 horse B&G. I lived out in the country and had very little money so I never could come up with pulleys (yeah it was belt driven cause of my parts were free) that would give me a good top speed but man would it do a crazy burn out and stand on the back end. Bout killed myself the first time it went over and threw me in the street when I wasn't expecting it. I made a wheelie bar for it using a push mower tire on it. I could do a wheelie for 100 ft or better after that. Unfortunately it didn't last long though. I was a kid and didn't think about how when it was up on the wheelie the oil wasn't getting on the crank. LOL

Very cool waggin.:cheers: I remember back about 15 years ago the had some exibition racing go-carts at our local 1/4 mile roundy round track. These babys were turning lap times faster then the late models and in line with the sprint cars. Plaese dont call BS on this as I couldn't believe it either. But these suchers ran wide open the whole way around and were like a blur.

Thats cool. Nice find. I have two of my Dads old Go Karts out in the barn but they don't run any more.

I never had a go cart, but yours is really cool.8)

10 bucks says you don't sell it.:-D

Wagg's,
That's one nice looking Kart you found there.
I have an old Rupp in the garage that needs a resto. I can't get the one axle nut off of it. I have soaked it and used the impact gun on it and it won't move.
I have a few more I have that we run around the yard with. No where near as cool as the one you have.
The Yellow Yerf dogs now have their roll cages on, although one is bent up. They are 6.5 hp with the torque converters, and they fly.
The red ones with 3 1/2 hp move real well also, after you get them wound up.

You can see the mini bike sitting on the left side in the first picture.

Yard Karts.jpg

Yard Karts side.jpg

Yerf 2.jpg

Yerf 1.jpg

-
Back