Kick down linkage

-

6671dartster

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 66 Dart. It has a 273 hypo with a 4 barrel and a 904 automatic transmission. Could someone show me what kickdown linkage I need. I currently have a adjustable rod in place that doesn't kick it down when needed. Do I need a cable set up instead? If there is a thread on this topic point me in that direction. Thanks in advance.

I have a complete set I could let go for what I paid for it. For a 1966 273 4BBl.

It's possible you could use a part throttle kickdown addition to your valve body.
It made a huge difference in my 904 that didn't have it before.
Didn't even have to put it all the way to the floor for kickdown afterwards.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENV7BBM/?tag=joeychgo-20
i'm hoping to get this installed on my 68' with a 273 this weekend. will post a review when i do

That is the one I had on my 904 and now on the A500OD and it works great.
Might want to shoot it with a little graphite before it goes in.
I also added a return spring on the trans lever so it returned fully at zero throttle.

This is the part throttle KD assy, and if your valve body doesn't have this on it you will have a really crappy kickdown.
I got mine from TF Patties Ebay store.
This valve assembly comes with longer screws so it can replace the flat plate there on non KD type VB's.
Some came with this already and some didn't, so you don't really know until you do a visual check.

Module.jpg

Last edited:
That is the one I had on my 904 and now on the A500OD and it works great.
Might want to shoot it with a little graphite before it goes in.
I also added a return spring on the trans lever so it returned fully at zero throttle.
cool, thanks

1971 was the first year for Part Throttle Kickdown. Made a lot of customers happy added them to the early valve bodies.

-
Back