Kickdown cable> Lokar ? or Buchillion?

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
I am ready to purchase a kickdown cable set up. What have yall found to work the best? easiest to install?Lokar is about half the price of the Bouchillon,but if its better ,easier,it may well be worth it. what do you guys think?

I'm using the Bouchillon here. No issues at all, works great. Their cables are being used by the major auto manufacturers. The instructions are good, and all brackets & adapters are provided.

That said, many of the guys here are running Lokars with no issues.

I need simple install!! What all did you get when you ordered yours? The adjustable throttle bracket?

I got the throttle adapter bracket. The cable mounting bracket, kickdown return spring, and adapter. Keep in mind the cable has a black vinyl coating & looks like a standard throttle cable. It's an easy install though.

The Lokars, I believe are stainless, and give a custom look..

I have a lokar throttle and kickdown. Their directions sucked as* but if you work on cars enough you'll figure it out. As they are on the lame side of copies of copies from the old carbon mimeographs crappy. But the product is nice.

I went with Bouchillon setup (and carb plate). Very happy with the results and performance.

On the Lokar set up do you have to get the Edelbrock adapter 1481 like you do on the Bouchillon? I went to Lokar site to see if they had any install directions & nope none found.

I know that Mancini has come out with a kickdown set up that works with all engine combinations with torqueflites. I have been looking myself for my sons 70 Dart and don't know whether to go with the old style kickdown setup that I recently saw on Ebay or the ones mentioned. Thanks for the link on the bouchillon setup.

i have a lokar on my super six it took a bit of moding but here is a picture:

P1000445.jpg

and another:

P1000446.jpg

we thrashed the cable during mock ups, so its kinda getto but after 2k + miles it still works great.

Yeah, I thought it did as well. I am leaning to the Mancini setup mainly because of my past dealings with them. If you don't mind, once you make a decision, let me know what route you took and how the install went etc. I won't be making that purchase for about 6-8 weeks. Thanks

i put the lokar setup on my 64 a few months back and it seems to work great. the only change i made was i fabbed up a return spring on the lever at the trans. pobably not needed but makes me feel better. other than that it was really simple to hook up.

in my case the lokar was better, because when i upgraded to the 2bbl intake and carb on the slant 6 i couldn't find a proper 2bbl kick down and i had several pices of it but i couldn't complete the rest. as far as a V-8 goes i found a ton of 8cyl complete kickdowns @ local yards and i did get one ( for free from pick a part ) for the v-8 in the hopes i could mod it. keep in mind from the late 60's to dodge trucks in i guess the mid 80's u can find a v-8 kick down complete. i even scored parts off a 85 new yorker 318 for my project. but again i'm a N00b. so your results may differ.

do the lokar come with a bracket to mount it on the transmission like the buchillion? i think mancini just repackages them because the part number is the same and buchillion's. that looks like the setup i am gonna go with.

Ive ran Lokar on most of my cars/trucks and never had a problem. We just put a lokar kickdown on Ross' (res1vw21 ) Newport and after 2 years :angry7: his car shifts like it should.

I messed with my kickdown linkage for a couple of years without much success. 20 minutes to install the Lokar kickdown and throttle cable with two adjustments and it worked fine. The Lokar setup is cheap when compared to how much I spent on a psychiatrist to try and get over the kickdown blues.

http://myweb.cableone.net/ebuxton

i couldn't get solid linkage to fit in my 64 dart v-8 swap so i bought the lokar, it works great, no problems. the only thing i really had to do was clearance the trans tunnel a slight bit to make room for the cable bracket at the transmission. other than that no issues, works great, 3000+ miles later. well worth it IMO.
-Tim

-
Back