Kidney stones

-
Ia thatssss what I was told but to help keet it away drink like 3 glasses of water a day.

Heck I must drink 4--5 8 oz glasses of water each day. I mostly drink the spring bottle water, least two 16.9 oz bottle each day, maybe 3. Your body needs water, I drink one glass of water after a meal, helps digest your food.

Only thing is I pee 2--3 times each night but no biggie to me, I wake up, pee and fall right back to sleep--or go on line for an hour and then go back to sleep, depends how I feel.

Never had one and hope not to but from what i heard there painful as hell.

I had a tube stuck down me twice in the hospital, once when I was brought in to er and then 10 days later on cause I needed jaw surgery. Yeah it hurt back then having the tube slip in you but seems fine now. I wounder if it help open up what ever its called--starts with a U........?

Having that tube inside you took away all control, it had a bag and every few hours it needed to be empty. Could just lay around all day without worrying about peeing.

I think you can wear the bag and walk around, only thing is risk of infection is high, I got an infection 2 weeks after leaving the hospital, my lymp-nos swelled up--my lower tummy and I need antibiotics.

You might want to talk to your doctor about it, I would do it if it meant no pain--well its painful getting the tube stuck in but then if feels OK, just no more sex until the tube is removed...and you got a bag to wear and change-empty.

Hope I never get them, good luck

My hat's off to you. Had three of them but not all at the same time! Even childbirth is less painful - or so I'm told.

LOL thats a pretty bold statement.
I said that to my wife when I had mine.......I found out what pain really is :mumum: :violent1: :protest:

I had one once and when I was whacking off I shot a hole in the ceiling. LOL

Kenny

I got a good laugh out that!!

My dad had a few when I was real little. He was in the backseat of the car in the fetal position while my mom was driving him to the emergency room. Not a good sight to see when you that small. I thought he was dieing. The doc told him to lay off the colas since they have artificial colors in them.

Guys, it's NOT the calcium that's the problem.......

It's a compound called OXALATES that is the major cause of most stones.

Chocolate (cocoa) has an EXTREME amount of oxalate.....Green beans, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Peanut Butter.......and MANY more culprits that most of us eat without thinking a thing about it.........

If the digestive tract does not get enough absorbable calcium, oxalates in your food crystallize with some calcium in your kidneys.......(calcium aids in flushing oxalates BEFORE they get to the kidneys).

I've had stones enough to dread the thought........BUT, I've now learned to limit or remove certain foods from my diet, get more calcium, AND drink more fluids all day.

OXALATES guys. Look it up........You're gonna be SHOCKED at some of the stuff that's been causing you this torture. !!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout:

I've had kidney stones a few times myself . I know in the past I had them and just thought it was a stomache ache then it would suddenly go away.The last time was the worst I had just met my girlfriend.While we were out on a date I felt like My belt was digging into My right side and just couldn't get comfortable I wound up laying in the backseat curled up and puking.Went to the hospital where they gave Me some drugs to help pass the stone they asked for a urine sample when I looked at the cup I about passed out.It looked like chunks of hamburger swirling around in My pee! So far it's been the better part of ten years now and I have not had a reoccurance.As pastor tom suggested I have drastically cut any foods that contain Oxylates from My diet.For Me the one thing I absolutely avoid is peanuts.I used to eat the planters dry roasted ones constantly.I can't give up everything that contained these compounds.Like oranges,chocolate,and berries.But by eliminating the things that I was indulging in at the time that seemed to coincide with passing a stone I have so far not suffered any more of these painful events.

I can definely vouch for the pain in which a kidney stone will give you. The doc told me mine was on the boarder line as to if I could pass it or not due to its size. They told me mine was 5mm. I opted for the surgery. Don't know if I made the correct choice or not but whats done is done. I do drink alot more water now than I ever did before.

LOL thats a pretty bold statement.
I said that to my wife when I had mine.......I found out what pain really is :mumum: :violent1: :protest:

Yeah you need to block out pain, you can't block it 100% out but you can reduce it...its half in the mind.

I know when I been hurt bad, different times of the day the pain be better or worst--even 30 mins apart.

Drugs do help but you got to be careful not to over do it.

Music can help--its crazy but if your mood picks up it seems to help..yelling seems to help also, ha ha but its harder to do privately.

I used to ride dirt bikes and must have felled off them a few times each season. Once it was in a school blacktop parking lot, I was going fast making a turn and wiped out, drove dirt sand in my left arm. Had to go to ER and get it brushed out with some red stuff..it hurt bad and the nurse is yelling at me to settle down..no pain meds at all--guess they wanted me to be more careful..if I was on dirt I would have been ok, had a jean jacket on but it got ripped up. My helmet got chewed up and nurse goes you might have a head injuring so no pain meds

I thought it be fun doing wheelies on the sidewalk ramps, it was until I got too crazy.

Anyways, I kind learn how to put up with pain.

Try different ways of peeing, try sitting down, try drinking something--I might try a bit of whiskey holding it in your mouth and spitting most of it out in the toilet..gets your mind to think of something else and you will sallow a bit and want a drink--2 pains sometimes helps cut the worst pain. ..

My dentist loves me, I'm easy to work on he goes....can you use Novocain on your dick---I'm not kidding, lol

Laughing gas is another pain reducer and they sell it in stores--they do. Buy Redi-Whip cream topping and inhale the fumes after exhaling. Only gives you 2--3 doses-puffs but gets your head floating and goes away in 10--15 mins. $3 a can isn't cheap and don't go saying anything to the cashier if you buy 5 cans, ha ha.

Some head shops sell it raw--least they used to. I know its still in whipping cream.

I'm just trying to help, the docs are OK but lots of things I learned myself. Doc's gives out too much meds many times. I always cut pain pills in half or more, even 1/4 pill will effect you.

I really don't like pain pills or that gas, gives headaches if you over do it and its pretty easy to over do it. But they can help and they last longer then you might think. Bottle says one pill every 4 hours but it stays in you for over a day

the first time i had mine, i was amost paralyzed, it took everything i had to get across the floor to call my wife to take me to the hospitial, thank god for orderly's... they helped me to the er room and then the iv, and after that i dont remember, except for the drive home when i woke up enough to be taken inside the house and on the couch, ive had some since but nothing like the first one, and then when it passed, i swear it was a broken beer bottle....OUCH!

take care my freind, drink TONS of water, it helps

Doug

Glad to see this got lotssssss of thoughts it is indeed painfull so to all drink my friends and as said pisssssssssssssssssss well.

Snake.Had stones since the late 70's mainly from drinking the water about 70km east of you.Since then have moved to U.S. and had to get stones pulverised 2 different times that left a bruise on my stomach and back the size of a hardball.Was told last time I had 1 lg. one and two many small ones to bother counting.Damn pain made me drop to my knees on more than one occasion.Had gall bladder stones also,much,much,much more intense pain than kidney stones.I now drink over 100 oz. of water each day along with Cranberry juice a few times a week.GL.

Snake.Had stones since the late 70's mainly from drinking the water about 70km east of you.Since then have moved to U.S. and had to get stones pulverised 2 different times that left a bruise on my stomach and back the size of a hardball.Was told last time I had 1 lg. one and two many small ones to bother counting.Damn pain made me drop to my knees on more than one occasion.Had gall bladder stones also,much,much,much more intense pain than kidney stones.I now drink over 100 oz. of water each day along with Cranberry juice a few times a week.GL.

I drink bottled water only as a rule hope thatsssss not the cause.

Knock on wood here Snake :coffee2: I have never been threw this painful event.
My meds I take make me thirsty so I drink tap water with a slice of lemon in it or some lemon juice and on average 2 beers a day with a shot of 100% agava tequila after lunch and dinner
There is a thread here I started about the medical properties of Tequila and my wife makes sure I always have some. so glad to hear this is behind you brother! or in front of you in this case as we PEEeeeeeeeee, Wizzz :D hehehehaha :toothy7:, Time to boil some water and enjoy a bowl of oatmeal with a hand full of raisons in it, a every other day routine along with my :coffee2: I hope!! No I am sure this thread will help some members here Snake :thumbrig:

-
Back