Killer small block build

-
Why? 6400 isn't a lot of rpms. Especially considering sprint car engines live at 7200+ rpm.
The problem is almost 1.7hp per cube @6400. Healthy sprint engines run @8600 now a days.

The problem is almost 1.7hp per cube @6400. Healthy sprint engines run @8600 now a days.

Not with the stroke they run. Longer stroke = lower rpm. It's that simple. The 410 cars making close to 1000 horse are doing so with less stroke.

410 - 3.80 stroke
This 434 - 4.25 stroke

That moves the RPM limit lower. But also has impacts on total RPM possible. Remember. HP is a function of torque x rpm. Period. So move the torque down, you also move to HP down. To a point obviously.

That engine was entered in EMC for many years under different configurations. Take a look at the power from previous years to get a better idea. Look at the HP/TQ per ci. Doesn't add up. J.Rob
In reality,these Engine Master's hot mills,(most of them...) wouldn't survive daily street \strip service..... Just,my opinion. It's cool to sell parts,just don't expect longevity without an engine builder,who cares..

IIRC D-50s engine is a engine masters engine and is holding up fine. It runs 6.20s with the timing cut back and not turned up where it made the most power on the dyno. Brett Miller built it.

Well RAMM, you apparently have more experience than me on these threads. I should've bowed out on page one like you did, and let the experts discuss this.

-
Back