Kind of Dumb Forum Username Question

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
For you guys and gals who move back and forth between FABO, FBBO, FCBO, and FEBO, do you typically use just one username across the different sites? I am getting ready to join FEBO because I am about to get into a Challenger project, and was just curious what is common.

I try to unless it's taken already, like mine is different over on b bodies.

I try to keep my screename the same on all the Mopar related forums. I used a different one on another Mopar forum once and it got a little confusing because of some of the membership crossover. Members that I know here didn't realize it was me on the other forum. I mean, it's not a huge deal, but especially if you're not posting a lot people may not make the connection. So, mines the same on FABO, FEBO, FBBO, and a few others. Just makes it easier to keep things straight.

Depends.

Can pay to have a different username. Say you post something here that turns out to be embarrassing (ie: you have a Ford nine inch diff in your Swinger)....when the flame war erupts here on FABO, you can quietly skulk off and hang crap on nine inch owners over on Moparts :).

I'm Mr Gorsky on most of the Mopar sites. As an outspoken supporter of re-bodied Mopars, I'm known as a heathen quite widely......ain't that right, ^^^^ 72bluNblu??

:).

Depends.

Can pay to have a different username. Say you post something here that turns out to be embarrassing (ie: you have a Ford nine inch diff in your Swinger)....when the flame war erupts here on FABO, you can quietly skulk off and hang crap on nine inch owners over on Moparts :).

I'm Mr Gorsky on most of the Mopar sites. As an outspoken supporter of re-bodied Mopars, I'm known as a heathen quite widely......ain't that right, ^^^^ 72bluNblu??

:).

You mean, as an outspoken supporter of people that commit felonies to defraud honest car enthusiasts? Yeah, I can see why you might want to have a few different screen names.

Didn't see you jump in to support this guy VIN swapper / car thief goes to jail - again.

Meh, yeah I saw those threads.

Didn't chime in as it was clear to all that the guy wasn't a VIN swapper per se, he was a car thief.

Still, 'bout time we had another VIN Nazi thread, yes??

I use different screen names.

Fabo is the best car Forum so i don't mind being friendly and sharing more about myself and my cars here.

There are other forums i am only there to buy parts and i don't care to share anything with them or be friendly. Sounds mean, i know but some forums still have a lot of cave men who i am not familiar with.

Fabo is the best car Forum so i don't mind being friendly and sharing more about myself and my cars here.

There are other forums i am only there to buy parts and i don't care to share anything with them or be friendly. Sounds mean, i know but some forums still have a lot of cave men who i am not familiar with.

Um. Ok.

For you guys and gals who move back and forth between FABO, FBBO, FCBO, and FEBO, do you typically use just one username across the different sites? I am getting ready to join FEBO because I am about to get into a Challenger project, and was just curious what is common.

So what kind of challenger??

Fabo people like challengers

Meh, yeah I saw those threads.

Didn't chime in as it was clear to all that the guy wasn't a VIN swapper per se, he was a car thief.

Still, 'bout time we had another VIN Nazi thread, yes??

He is exactly a VIN swapper. The only reasons to swap a VIN are criminal. Period.

Either you're trying to commit fraud by passing a car off as something more valuable than it is, or you're trying to hide a theft. And once the VIN is swapped the car wearing the swapped VIN can be very difficult to track if it's done well. So, even if nothing was stolen it can be difficult or impossible to prove that. Which is why VIN swapping itself is a crime, because it's a tool used by criminals to get away with their crimes. Either theft or fraud, doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter how many times you bring it up. There's no reason to swap a VIN if you don't care about the numbers or the value of the car, and if you're trying to take advantage of either by swapping a VIN you're committing fraud. Any example that doesn't involve theft boils down to -let the "rare" car that's beyond repair die, drive the /6 car with the upgraded drivetrain and represent it as what it is. If you truly enjoy the car for what it is now, it doesn't matter what the VIN says, so, there's no reason to change it. Simple, easy. So drop it.

That's actually the reason I use the same screen name. I have accounts at pretty much all the larger Mopar boards, but I don't post at most of them so I either have a very low post count or none at all. I have bought parts on a few of them though, and the fact that I use the same screen name and can reference my trading profile here has helped me out some. It's a lot less intimidating to do business with someone if they have a good trading record, so if I buy parts on another forum where I may have a 0 post count I can refer the seller back to my profile here. Obviously that's not 100% fool proof because as Matt found out someone else could use that screen name at another board, but it can make things easier.

And if someone doesn't like me here, they're not going to like me at another board because I'm still "me", so, there's no reason to run a different screen name.

That's actually the reason I use the same screen name. I have accounts at pretty much all the larger Mopar boards, but I don't post at most of them so I either have a very low post count or none at all. I have bought parts on a few of them though, and the fact that I use the same screen name and can reference my trading profile here has helped me out some. It's a lot less intimidating to do business with someone if they have a good trading record, so if I buy parts on another forum where I may have a 0 post count I can refer the seller back to my profile here. Obviously that's not 100% fool proof because as Matt found out someone else could use that screen name at another board, but it can make things easier.

And if someone doesn't like me here, they're not going to like me at another board because I'm still "me", so, there's no reason to run a different screen name.

This thread is making me want to sync them all the same. I am mainly on F?BO only because i think it is the best car site network. I wouldn't mind making them all the same. I think i have been around long enough (2011) that many know me by now.

I only asked because it seemed strange to trek over to FEBO with my screename 1969VADart. The Dart part being the question mark.

So what kind of challenger??

Fabo people like challengers

It's a 72 Challenger. Mainly just a rolling shell. No motor or trans. Body is there. 8 3/4 rear end housing is there (no center section, so I am on the lookout for that). K-member is there. Dash is there. Other miscellaneous parts. Project will be more of a serious street car. 440 (or slightly larger) with fuel injection in all likelihood. Upgraded suspension. Probably add AC to make the wife happy. Mix of stock and new for the interior. Will take awhile since funds are a little light currently. But its an excellent deal for what is there.

-
Back