Kinda negative experience with summit

-
Summit shipped me used ATF once. Didn't catch it until finding bits of metal at the bottom of the jug after prefilling the converter on a new trans. Close to 30 years ago before everything had foil seals.
They sent me new fluid.

Sheez... ya prob better off buying old used stuff and cleaning it up...in good shape of course...:)

Do not let it bother you guys, I have been called much worse than that on this
forum. Fortunately, the moderators usually remove it sooner or later.

It is easy to hide behind a Keyboard!
Not so easy to look a man in the face and call him names.

Do not let it bother you gentleman = Most everyone on here has
a lot of respect for you and the help you generously give people!
Alright alright. We had a group hug. We ain't swappin spit in the shower till the wee hours of the mornin. LOL

Seriously though, thanks, John!

Think is depends on who you talk to. Talked to a Summit rep today that was super helpful and resolved an issue in less than 5 minutes.

Small update on my end. Yesterday I called summit and asked the salesman why this intake was in a brown box. He told me they ship them as received from Edelbrock. Aaaa ok this is a first because I’ve bought a ton of Edelbrock stuff always shipped to my in a nice double layer Edelbrock box. My next call was to Heather at Edelbrock and I left a message. She worked with me one this same issue earlier this year. She returned my call this afternoon. I asked if they would ever ship anything in an unmarked brown box. Absolutely not we are proud of our packaging. She started the process at asked for Pats name, copy of the receipt, pictures of box intake came in, and pictures if possible. Here’s a few pictures. Ohhh wait I forgot. There was a summit racing sticker inside the stapled brown box. Hmmmmm

View attachment 1716161624

View attachment 1716161626

View attachment 1716161627

View attachment 1716161628

View attachment 1716161629

View attachment 1716161630

View attachment 1716161631

View attachment 1716161632

View attachment 1716161633
Agreed. I've had more Edelbrock stuff delivered than I can remember and it always came in their nice boxes....

As to the OPs problem, sucks but that looks like most Edelbrock intakes I've ever gotten. Just my luck maybe?
I have to wonder though, is that mismatch because of the manifold or the gasket? How does that particular gasket match the heads?

When I've set their manifolds up to check flatness/matching with the heads they've almost always been off side-to-side and/or front-to-back, having gaps that varied depending on how you shifted the intake around at least in my experience.
They are the reason I've always preferred milling those intakes when most guys screamed at me that milling the heads was 'the right way'....no thanks.
Not about to permanently match a nice set of heads to a crappy intake....

This last build (RB) I went for the Trick Flow intake and it fit really well. Personally, I'm done with Edelbrock....oops did I go off on a side rant?:eek::D:D

Agreed. I've had more Edelbrock stuff delivered than I can remember and it always came in their nice boxes....

As to the OPs problem, sucks but that looks like most Edelbrock intakes I've ever gotten. Just my luck maybe?
I have to wonder though, is that mismatch because of the manifold or the gasket? How does that particular gasket match the heads?

When I've set their manifolds up to check flatness/matching with the heads they've almost always been off side-to-side and/or front-to-back, having gaps that varied depending on how you shifted the intake around at least in my experience.
They are the reason I've always preferred milling those intakes when most guys screamed at me that milling the heads was 'the right way'....no thanks.
Not about to permanently match a nice set of heads to a crappy intake....

This last build (RB) I went for the Trick Flow intake and it fit really well. Personally, I'm done with Edelbrock....oops did I go off on a side rant?:eek::D:D
Apparently there was a bad sand casting on these intakes. Thanks to a couple members here, Edelbrock corrected the problem. The end goal was to get the intake taken out of circulation. I have seen many intakes like that but usually Chinese ones. Hell, a few months ago, we had a speed master intake at work come through to get power flowed and the one runner was completely blocked by the casting. The crappy part is, the operator gasket matched it and was on the setup when he couldn't get media to flow through it. He had to pay for it twice and speed master was refunding his money for the work done.

Intake was shipped today and Heather requested a tracking number so I emailed that to her. They should have it by this Thursday. She thanked me in an email and said she would check into the situation on Friday. This intake was probably not as bad as the one this past winter but if you use their intake and their gasket and the center divider is approximately 3/16 of an inch you can’t afford to sacrifice 1/3 of the gasket in an area that is prone to leaking. Especially when you spend over 400.00 for an intake. If some of you guys chose to do so that’s on you.

Last edited:
An update one this. I got a message from John today and Edelbrock is sending a new intake. I could not be more pleased with the outcome and their customer service was excellent. Also a HUGE thanks to John for going above and beyond with handling all this without me even asking him too.

An update one this. I got a message from John today and Edelbrock is sending a new intake. I could not be more pleased with the outcome and their customer service was excellent. Also a HUGE thanks to John for going above and beyond with handling all this without me even asking him too.
That's the result you get dealing with people like John. He's good folk.

Thanks buddy and thanks again for trusting me with your stuff. Edelbrock has gone above and beyond with their customer service but it stinks that you had to pay shipping costs to get it there. Hopefully this will bring attention to an issue and they can address this sending out what appears to be a returned item to be resold. Just a heads up guys if you get an Edelbrock intake from summit and it comes in a brown cardboard box open it immediately and check it out. I would probably order the gasket that I planned on running with the intake so I was ready. Someone lied to us on this deal so heads up.

As promised Pats new Victor340 intake showed up from Edelbrock today and is so much nicer. Boxed as expected in and Edelbrock box and nicely wrapped. The ports line up very nicely and if you look at the earlier pictures the ports are more centered. This is why during a break I will inspect parts that are arriving so when it’s their turn on the porting bench there are no delays. Thanks again Edelbrock for the great customer service. If I ever get a Victor340 intake that I personally order in a brown box I will be making the 180 mile round trip to summit racing in Ohio to hand deliver it. Bail money may be needed so if you see a Go Fund Me please help get me out of jail. I don’t like getting lied to.

IMG_0319.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

As promised Pats new Victor340 intake showed up from Edelbrock today and is so much nicer. Boxed as expected in and Edelbrock box and nicely wrapped. The ports line up very nicely and if you look at the earlier pictures the ports are more centered. This is why during a break I will inspect parts that are arriving so when it’s their turn on the porting bench there are no delays. Thanks again Edelbrock for the great customer service. If I ever get a Victor340 intake that I personally order in a brown box I will be making the 180 mile round trip to summit racing in Ohio to hand deliver it. Bail money may be needed so if you see a Go Fund Me please help get me out of jail. I don’t like getting lied to.

View attachment 1716167724

View attachment 1716167725

View attachment 1716167726

View attachment 1716167727

View attachment 1716167728

View attachment 1716167729

View attachment 1716167730

View attachment 1716167731

View attachment 1716167732
Again, thank you John! Without your help on this I would still have a crap intake. The new one is way nicer. Thanks to Edelbrock for the great customer service. I will be looking to buy more of there products in the future.

-
Back