Kitten advice needed

-
A "gentle" pop in the forehead with the first 2 fingers is what I do to curb biting.

With discipline the important thing to remember is it has got to be immediate.
(in fact, still in the act is much better)

There's no time to go get a rolled up paper to swat.

By the time you get back, they have forgotten what they did and will think you're just being mean to them.

The old terrorist just this morning poked a couple holes in my hand as we played. I would have bit him back, but I know where his paws have been :lol:. One goofy feline I've had in amongst the many refused to eat her food from the food bowl. Took her paw, scooped it out of the bowl to the floor, and then she ate it :realcrazy:. She never left a mess, always ate all that she drug out of the bowl. I tried different bowls, made no difference, she just preferred to eat off the floor :realcrazy:.

A "gentle" pop in the forehead with the first 2 fingers is what I do to curb biting.

By the time you get back, they have forgotten what they did and will think you're just being mean to them.
You have to be ready man. lol With nine, ooops ten (sorry Clyde) we have "somethin" in every room. LOL

I use the pop in the forehead sometimes too.....but you're dead right. It has to be immediate.

We've had a few that went through phases of scooping food and then eating it out of their paw.

Valentine once sat by me and watched me eat "Honeycomb" cereal out of the box.

I could clearly see the wheels turning as she thought "he's eating ...with his paws..."

She then acted as if she wanted some and I offered her a partial piece in the palm of my hand.

She tried several times to grab it and eat it like I was and even said something that sounded like a disgruntled comment before I crushed it a little and she ate it "normally".

We've had a few that went through phases of scooping food and then eating it out of their paw.

Valentine once sat by me and watched me eat "Honeycomb" cereal out of the box.

I could clearly see the wheels turning as she thought "he's eating ...with his paws..."

She then acted as if she wanted some and I offered her a partial piece in the palm of my hand.

She tried several times to grab it and eat it like I was and even said something that sounded like a disgruntled comment before I crushed it a little and she ate it "normally".
That's hilarious. People who don't have cats clearly are missing out.

The bait and switch.
"Hi, here's my head. Scratch me now."
15 seconds later.
"OK, time to scratch the other end now."
They never switch back :rofl:

-
Back