Knee injection day

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Shot one of Synvisc in each knee today, 2nd round next Monday and the third round the Monday after. I sure hope I get some relief out of this.

Good luck, John! Sure hope it works out for you. My gf considered that , but felt it was a temporary shortcut, and went for the knee replacement. One of her sisters has had both done.. I have multiple friends that have had one or more replacments done.

Ouch. Best of luck John. I hope the injections work well for you. I have aches and pain everywhere but fortunately I haven't required any treatment.

Do they have something out now that actually lasts a while?

If I was married or had a live in girlfriend I would take the winter off and get both replaced. But I hate asking for rides living in the country so I’ll die with bad knees probably.

If I was married or had a live in girlfriend I would take the winter off and get both replaced. But I hate asking for rides living in the country so I’ll die with bad knees probably.
There must be a young person that would run you around in your vehicle for a few bucks? After all, it would be a means to an end. Once the knees heal.....All good again.

My single, childless friend/customer broke his leg and had to "hire" a family to take care of him before the hospital would release him. Yes, you can hire a family. I think he spent 4 weeks in the hospital before he was released.

There must be a young person that would run you around in your vehicle for a few bucks? After all, it would be a means to an end. Once the knees heal.....All good again.

If you don’t know me by now I’ll let you know two things about me. I don’t think you will find someone as stubborn and bull headed as I am. Two I don’t ask anyone but God for help.

John, I used to get annual synvisc shots for about 5 years. They gave me a lot of relief, and I could tell when I was ready for another shot. Hopefully you will have the same results. The only problem was that they worked great for a few years, but the last one didn't do much so I quit. Now I just grease up with voltaren every morning.

John, I used to get annual synvisc shots for about 5 years. They gave me a lot of relief, and I could tell when I was ready for another shot. Hopefully you will have the same results. The only problem was that they worked great for a few years, but the last one didn't do much so I quit. Now I just grease up with voltaren every morning.

What is Voltaren.

It is a gel you rub on your knees. Not sure if it is just a Canadian thing.

0009760_voltaren-emulgel-extra-strength-diclofenac-gel-232.jpeg

I googled it and put it on my wish list and waited to see you you posted again. Thanks
I may go ahead and get some.
Make sure you follow the directions. You need to control the dosage just like any other drug. I would be using gloves to "grease it up".

1 word-

OUCH.

Honestly the injections are nothing and I can kinda zone out. My doctor loves giving me shots because of how relaxed I am. I’ve had so many needles in me it’s like hoooee hum. Cut 16-18 inches for a hernia, shoulder surgery, finger surgery, three knee surgeries, back injections, shoulder injections, countless knee injections, cancer cut out of my face, and I’m AB negative blood so up till several years ago I donated blood asap.

I have some fasheitus in my left heel.

My doctor says "deal with it and take ibuprofin..."

"...or there is an injection that goes directly into the fleshy part of the heel, with about a 1.5" needle...until it gets to the tendon.

...and is very painful".

I cringe and shudder every time I think about that.

-
Back