Knee injection day

-
When we're "older". we're gonna get these, or build or modify something like them

1708543770311.png

Do do our feeding and litter box rounds.

I work around the not-kneeling, and it's better than all the pain I endured.
My round mechanic's chair gets one hell of a workout. Before I lay under a car, I make sure I don't have to get up a hundred times.

1708546830675.png

The shots worked for a few years for me, till one pushed something into my left knee. It opened up my world to the joys of knee surgeries.
1. Clean septic knee and scope.
2. 5 more scopes to delay replacements. 3, each knee.
3. Left knee replacement.
4. Right knee replacement.
5. Left knee replaced again, due to ligament damage. I'm not always smart.
6. I didn't follow time instructions, and tore left quad muscle.
7. My dog licked a cut on my leg, and I went septic, causing...
8. Clean out infection in left knee, replace a couple parts and repair quad muscle.
It's been about 18 months, and I can do most stuff again. All the operations and age have played into my abilities.
This year, it's three esophageal ablations/burns, to help prevent cancer. [first one on Monday/26th] These will be operations 22,23, 24. YEA!!! Golden years, my ***!
Let that be a lesson for dog owners!
DO NOT KISS YOU DOG'S LIPS!

Have you tried Collagen Peptide power yet? I add 2 scoops to my 1st cup of coffee every morning. Went without while on vacation, huge mistake, it took me 3 days to recover to the point of being able to stand up without a push.

My right Tibial Plateau and Meniscus were detached in a car accident where my tibia hit the under side of the dash.

Last edited:
If you have metal implants in your body, bacteria will go directly to those locations to set up camp. There's no blood to fight it. It also has a covering to protect itself, that the surgeons call slime. I've been septic 3 times. Ain't no fuckin joke...almost died, twice. Home infusing, twice a day for months is also a major schedule killer.

If you have metal implants in your body, bacteria will go directly to those locations to set up camp. There's no blood to fight it. It also has a covering to protect itself, that the surgeons call slime. I've been septic 3 times. Ain't no fuckin joke...almost died, twice. Home infusing, twice a day for months is also a major schedule killer.
Now you guys are scaring me!
I have few friends with knee replacements.
Yes, sepsis has been a problem for 2 of them
One, a diabetic, had an amputation recently.
:eek:

My mother had both knees replaced in the hospital I was born at. My uncle had the same hospital same doctor and got an infection. They tried different ways of treatment and nothing worked so they removed his new knee and put a port in so they could inject antibiotics right into his knee socket. They cast his leg straight for six weeks then they reinstalled his new knee again. Needless to say his recovery didn’t go to well.

My mother had both knees replaced in the hospital I was born at. My uncle had the same hospital same doctor and got an infection. They tried different ways of treatment and nothing worked so they removed his new knee and put a port in so they could inject antibiotics right into his knee socket. They cast his leg straight for six weeks then they reinstalled his new knee again. Needless to say his recovery didn’t go to well.
That's what happened to my one friend that lost his leg to sepsis.
I'll just suffer it out! I'm the kind of guy that Murphy's Law was written about.
:(

I work around the not-kneeling, and it's better than all the pain I endured.
My round mechanic's chair gets one hell of a workout. Before I lay under a car, I make sure I don't have to get up a hundred times.

View attachment 1716210408

Funny, but no matter how many times I bring tools, parts, rags, beer, and anything else I can think of, requiring numerous trips from their storage location to the work area...

... it never fails that within the first 5 minutes of crawling under a car, I need to get up to get something.

Funny, but no matter how many times I bring tools, parts, rags, beer, and anything else I can think of, requiring numerous trips from their storage location to the work area...

... it never fails that within the first 5 minutes of crawling under a car, I need to get up to get something.
...or dumb/lazy friends, who can't take direction on where to find something you need.

-
Back