Knee Replacement Surgery-A little anxiuos

-

72Swinger340

SKMOPARMANIAC
Reaction score
Can't sleep- Going in to get a knee replaced tomorrow 6:30 a.m.

A little anxious about the replacement:pale:

good luck... That is a rough procedure, but the outcome is much better now than in the past. Just do your PT like the good Doc's say, it can make all the difference in the world. I will be thinkin of ya... My wife is having one done in a month...

My friend had it, said it was 'a breeze, if I'd known how nice my family would be, I'd have done it sooner!' She's in her 80's now, still doing fine with it. Stay positive, you'll do fine.

My father had both his knees replaced 6 yrs ago. He says they took out the bowlegs, made him an inch taller, and added grease fittings.:D

My mother had her's done 20 some years ago, both of them and they work great. Everything else is falling apart but her knees are fine. :)

Have faith. Knee replacements are now what having tonsils removed were 50 years back. OK, maybe not the same and you'll be a hurting puppy for awhile. But after all is said and done you'll be a maximum mobile puppy. God Bless.

hoping you have a speedy recovery. former co-worker had both done, said it was no where near as bad as he thought......

Keep us posted on your progress. Most likely I'll be having one done in the near future.

Good luck with the procedure ... I hope all goes smoothly and you're back on your feet very soon. And don't forget to make your fellow FABO guys proud -- give those nurses a bad time! :-D

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. I will keep you posted.
give those nurses a bad time! :-D[/quote]

Thanks CudaChick-I will do my best!!!!:angel9::angel9:

For years I suffered with bowlegs, constant knee pain. I am 56. I had one replaced last march and the other last july.I would not hesitate to do it again. You will be thinking why did I wait so long and you will be back to a normal life again. Good luck !!

If you're having a total replacement, no worries. You should be back to normal in 3 months or so. If you're having a partial replacement, get ready for a long haul. I had a partial 2 years ago and am still having pain and there are things I just can't do. ocdart had a total the same day and was bowling in 3 months. FWIW, I walked out of the hospital the day after surgery, but my doctor was an idiot and it all went downhill from there. I was still on crutches 6 months later when I had a heart attack from the blood clots the knee was throwing off. Found another doctor and he got things more or less straightened out. Here's hoping your doctor knows what he is doing and you listen to him. That is the key.

Thought I would check in and say I hope everything is going ok with the operation,I don't suppose the surgeon is reading this so maybe a short prayer is in order.Hang tuff swinger.8)

I am saying a short prayer for you and your doctor know Swinger
Hope for the best and like most folks said They have this stuff down pat these days 8)
Do your therapy and stay strong my friend :happy10:
I had some work dun to my shoulder and did not do good with anaesthesia but made it through with flying colors about 8 years ago.
I know this will be a good thing to have behind you in a few weeks :cheers:

A couple of my hotrod buddies had it done a month ago, they are very sore but already getting around alot better. You'll be fine.

Been there twice myself. First one was an Oxford knee which is a half knee replacement. It did not take aand had to have a full knee done two years ago. All seems well but sometimes the change in weather plays a little havoc. Try going through Airport Security. That is a treat. Got caught in Frisco Airport while flying down to pick up a 65 Barracuda. Was put in the bullet proof cage and the whole bit My buddy was just giggling all the way.

BB

Hope your replacement and recovery go smoothly!!!

I had my right hip replaced just over a year ago, was walking on it with just a cane within a week, and without the cane in 3 weeks. Inirial recovery was swift, although had to exercise certain precautions for a while, now have been given the green light for anything, and don't even think about it anymore. Now as far as my left hip is concerned..................

I know knee replacement is more therapy intensive and takes much longer to get thru, so I hope all goes well and ahead of schedule for you!!

FF

Sure wish I'd seen this thread yesterday 72Swinger340! Like Grumpus said, I had a total knee replacement almost 2 years ago and was bowling again 3 months later. The big keys are your surgeon and keeping up with everything your therapist tells you to do.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat and now don't know why I put it off for as long as I did.
PM me if you have any questions or just need to talk.
Best wishes for a quick and speedy recovery and anxiously awaiting to hear your results.

Well I got home last night from hospital. Thanks again to all who wished me well. The surgery went well and I will post some pictures on my next dressing changes. Only problem is I got a gout attack in my foot and pain on it is 10 compared to my knee a pain of 2. Overall it is working out well.:cheers::cheers:

-
Back