knowledgeable early A owners

-

Garry

Reaction score
Can someone chime in on the picture below and tell me( or better yet send me a picture of theirs) if that body line above that middle set of holes is factory. Something is going on here. it lines up with that inner construction and when it was punched it threw a dent clear into the spare tire compartment I am gaining on the fix but I do not have another 64 cuda to compare. I think that inner "L" shaped piece caused this crease in this outer panel. Thanks anyone!!

Attachments

• strawberries 004.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 297
  • strawberries 005.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 311
it is raining so pics are not so good
it's a bit rough looking but I
believe this to be stock original
hope this helps.

Attachments

• 65 rear valance 001.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 65 rear valance 005.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 65 rear valance 002.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 248
wow thanks Wheels, it seems that area behind the plate is basically flat, at the very bottom in the center of this sheet metal mine has an extended metal tab about 3 or 4 inches wide that is spot welded to the spare tire well ( for support) I am sure this is factory cause there is a number code stamped on it and it is part of the valence. That piece was really crushed in. it took a 3/4 inch pull to bring it all out.

wow thanks Wheels, it seems that area behind the plate is basically flat, at the very bottom in the center of this sheet metal mine has an extended metal tab about 3 or 4 inches wide that is spot welded to the spare tire well ( for support) I am sure this is factory cause there is a number code stamped on it and it is part of the valence. That piece was really crushed in. it took a 3/4 inch pull to bring it all out.

glad I could help, if it ever stops raining I will look to see if mine has that tab welded in there also.

-
Back