Kootenay Break and Enter (my shop got robbed)

-

Wheels

Reaction score
Went to my shop tonight to get some tools for work tomorrow
and when I got there I found my door had been pryed open and I was
robbed. They stole my 1959 Harley, my 2002 YZ 125 yamaha , my sons
2008 KTM 85cc moto cross bike , lots of my tools , my 1966 harley engine
I had on a stand, my welder, bunch of air tools, still not sure what all
is missing , dose not look like they took any of 68 vert - cuda stuff
my T/A block was still there. I took a min. $18,000 hit and no one seems to have heard nothing . Have people living on both sides of my shop behind and across the street. They kicked my sliding bay door open and loaded 3 and half motorcycles , tools , and tools and no one saw or heard anything!!!!!!!!!!. Called they RCMP got and answering machine . They called back half an hour later and told me to collect vin numbers and
make a list of what was stolen and then call them back with info and
they would try to get thier finger printing guy to call me by friday to
set up a time to come out to the shop. So bummed out it was my birthday monday , and Christmas in less then 2 weeks . happy birthday and merry Christmas to me.!!!!!! Any one on fabo in the Kootenay area Like Trail , Castlegar ,Fruitvale , Nelson or Salmo or Creston, Winlaw etc. please keep an eye and ear open for dirt bikes for sale or harley parts or tools for sale, please. I am so angry I cant sleep!!!!!!!.

So sorry to hear that. It could always be worse. 3 days before my birthday, my grand mother passed away. Talk about a birthday gift. Only good thing about it was that it was quick and she didn't feel any pain.
I hope you get your stuff back and now is the time to invest in a security system.

Well, that just plainly SUCKS. I hope you were insured. Sounds like a organized hit to me. Your stuff is probably long gone sorry to say. RCMP sound like they were a real big help. Maybe we will get a finger print guy there on Friday. A lot of good that will do.

Jack

Really sorry to hear this. To many times these crimes go unsolved as well as unpunished. The shame is none of the neighbors will admit seeing anything, more than likely just don't want to be involved. I think it would be a little unreasonable to believe that much stuff could be moved out of any building without someone seeing something. I hope that somebody stands up and brings fourth some information. It could be them next. Good luck, I'll be watching Kijiji, never know.
My aren't the police helpful? In situations where there is no threat to public safety it seems there is no response from police. Perhaps a lesson for all of us......"Officer, my property has been broken into. I have the suspect at gunpoint now. How would you like me to handle this?" Remember this is Canada, we can't just shoot, so maybe they would respond to a call like that. One could always claim they escaped during the wait.

Oh man, sorry to hear..what a frickin kick in the ballz!! I will keep my eyes peeled, I have a buddy in BC, I will fwd the list to him to watch out for.

I understand how you feel! My shop was broken into on christmas night a few years back and they cleaned me out. I went to all the local pawn shops and put the word out to all my buddies but nothing ever turned up. Lucky for me my insurnace company was really good about it and I had a cheque in my hand in a couple of weeks. I put an alarm system in after that and reinforced all my doors and windows.

Sorry to hear. Probably a friend of a friend. Someone knew you had that stuff. Dirtbags . Check all the local sale sites. Hope you find your stuff.

Sorry to hear that, Best of luck on a fast resolution. Keep your eyes on the local papers and sale sites.

Man; Canada has a lot of thieves I have some friends that goes snowmobiling up there and they have all had sleds stolen. hope you had insurance....:wack::wack:

So very sorry to hear this, i really hope that you get your stuff back. Try to stay positive, look for a bright side. When something bad happens to me i try to think about the person who is worse off and i don't feel so bad.

Sorry to hear this.
I have some friends in the Robson/Castegar area as well as the Creston/Cranbrook area and i will forward a link to this post to them to watch out for your stuff.
I hope it helps.

Man that is very lame. Thieves suck for sure !! I was robbed like that one day on Christmas. I was out of town and when I got back I ran over something in my driveway, when I realized it was a mag flash light I looked to my shop and saw stuff on the ground and knew. Oh waht a crappy feeling !! I hope they catch them and you get your stuff back !! I hope you still have a Merry Christmas !!!

Dam that does suck. I hope they catch the buggers.
Isn't it nice the cops can't even show up until the next day.

Man that sucks. I would be sooo pissed!!!

shoot on sight if you find them....

Wheels...I'm in Victoria...not exactly close, but I'll keep my eye on UsedVictoria....never know, they may try and move the stuff out of the area to avoid getting caught. Maybe keep an eye on UsedKootenays,UsedOkanagon, UsedKamloops, etc. Also, don't forget Craigslist in and around your area.

If you want, PM me a list of the missing stuff...you never know...just might show up down here.

Thank-you to every one who posted and offered to keep an eye out
for my stuff . I really appreciate your words of encouragement and
support during this hard to swallow episode in the world of wheels.
I will post an update soon.

Thanks again fabo members.

Wheels where in Nelson man? we are out on the noth shore. PM me with the details and pics if ya got em Ive been heer since 1969 and know most of the good , bad, and ugly so get me a little more info and ill ask around. Rob.

That was a planned hit.
Most of the stuff stolen was bike parts?
Put an add on craiglist or local paper looking for parts off your stolen bikes.

Sorry to hear this, I hate thieving scum bags. I will keep a look out in the Vancouver and lower mainland area, hate to say it but it's sounds like they knew what was there.

Thats some one off stuff. I will let my bike building friends know to look out for the old Harley stuff here in the states. Good luck in hunting these scumbags down.

Hate HaTe HATE $^%$%^$ thieves! The cops don't care. They just let the insurance take care of things. Less work for them. If you do find the thieves, go all Tony Soprano on their @$$ and bury them in the back forty. They deserve nothing better.

Wylde1.

-
Back