Kubota B3350 cab VS Mahindra 3616 cab

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
I was getting ready to purchase a small tractor (Kubota B3350) for my hobby farm when a friend of mine asked if I looked at the Mahindra 3616. I have a smaller Kubota BX23 and I really like it but after looking at the Mahindra I'm having second thoughts about the Kubota. Anyone here have a Mahindra 3616 and if so, how much do you like or hate it?

I know of only one friend with a Mahindra. Lots of oil/hydraulic leaks and had to change out the glow plugs, twice .Several others have Kubotas never heard any complaints. And all of them are from the Pittsburgh area !

I know of only one friend with a Mahindra. Lots of oil/hydraulic leaks and had to change out the glow plugs, twice .Several others have Kubotas never heard any complaints. And all of them are from the Pittsburgh area !

interesting............I do love my little Kubota but with Mahindra offering a 5 year warranty or 3000 hours with zero out of pocket I had to get some more info!

Hard to pass up a deal like that,. Any company can have lemons. In 07 we bought 2 PT Cruisers at the same time. One for us and the other for our daughter, hers has all kinds of problems.

I have a Kioti CK20 HS Love it. 500 hours and no problems yet.

We have a Kabota BX 2300, it has been a great little tractor. We beat the living snot out of it. The dealer we bought it from lost their franchise. We bought a new John Deere with a loader and a plow been a life saver this winter. It was a little cheaper and drives better and a whole lot more power. We still have the Kabota.

Ive had my Kubota sense 1979 and it still running unit has 1378 HR on it and I use it as a plow for snow and pulling thing around B5100 DT 4x4 Just service and lube 1 a year

Kabota is made in the country that provides us with Toyota, Nissan, Lexus and Infinity Auto. Mahinda is made in the country that provides us with dollar store items, cheap bicycles, and Harbor Freight quality tools. That should answer your question

I have a 65 year old FORD and I think it will last another 65 years.

I have a 6950 Kubota 72 hp, 801 Ford, 5101E Deere, 7150 Case IH 215 hp and the Kubota is the easiest on fuel very reliable. I have heard of lots of problems with the Mahindra's so I would go with Kubota, Joe

We've got a 46 Ferguson Ford that purrs like a kitten.

Mine is a 49 8N. Probably the same tractor as yours with different badges. You couldn't buy a new tractor that could do the same for 10K.

Mine is a 49 8N. Probably the same tractor as yours with different badges. You couldn't buy a new tractor that could do the same for 10K.

Cool, I've got a '47 8N! Great little work horses, they are. I have a "hi / lo" range selector on mine, but still too fast for roto tiller.

My Kubota replaced a 1952 8N. The old 8N hated to start in the winter but ran good in the warm seasons until it came to brush hogging. When it was really hot outside it would brush hog for ONE hour +/- 3 minutes and then it would shut down. I did everything I could think of to cure those problems but never could.

I had two really happy days with that tractor... The day I got a new Kubota and the day the old 8N tractor was loaded on a flat bed on its way to northern Arizona to be restored. She had done her duty and I am sure made a really nice little restored tractor for someone else to own.

I was getting ready to purchase a small tractor (Kubota B3350) for my hobby farm when a friend of mine asked if I looked at the Mahindra 3616. I have a smaller Kubota BX23 and I really like it but after looking at the Mahindra I'm having second thoughts about the Kubota. Anyone here have a Mahindra 3616 and if so, how much do you like or hate it?

I found a very cool website, tractorbynet.com that is brand specific, covers just about all of them. I've been a member there for several years. It seems to be a well supported site, definitely a good resource ( a lot like FABO) for getting info, feedback, etc.

Cool, I've got a '47 8N! Great little work horses, they are. I have a "hi / lo" range selector on mine, but still too fast for roto tiller.

That's an aftermarket piece. Maybe from Sherman or some such. You should visit Marvin Baumann's site. He has done all sorts of conversions, including one with EVERY available transmission ever made for the 8N. Even put a helicopter turbine engine on one. Check it out.

http://marvinbaumann.com/

Guys like him are a dying breed. You need something? Make the frakken thing.

My Kubota replaced a 1952 8N. The old 8N hated to start in the winter but ran good in the warm seasons until it came to brush hogging. When it was really hot outside it would brush hog for ONE hour +/- 3 minutes and then it would shut down. I did everything I could think of to cure those problems but never could.

I had two really happy days with that tractor... The day I got a new Kubota and the day the old 8N tractor was loaded on a flat bed on its way to northern Arizona to be restored. She had done her duty and I am sure made a really nice little restored tractor for someone else to own.

Sounds like something electrical At any rate, mine has never failed to start. Even after sitting over a year. Course I did have to charge the battree.

That's an aftermarket piece. Maybe from Sherman or some such. You should visit Marvin Baumann's site. He has done all sorts of conversions, including one with EVERY available transmission ever made for the 8N. Even put a helicopter turbine engine on one. Check it out.

http://marvinbaumann.com/

Guys like him are a dying breed. You need something? Make the frakken thing.

Hmmm, I am pretty sure mine had a hi/lo on it too. If I recall correctly it way down behind my left ankle.

Edit.... I hate getting old... I remember that dang lever and it had a metal ball cast on it but now I can't remember where it was for sure. Lol, I reckon this will keep me awake tonight. even though it doesn't matter...

I have a Deere 2305 and love it. I have a small 1/4 acre that I grow hops on. The only problem that I had so far was I broke the pinion yoke off the fwd case and the front driveshaft looked like a "Z" the first time I plowed a snow/Ice mix. Dealer took care if it. Defective casting. If I was going to buy another it prob would be a Kubota due to the cost and also maintenance parts. Deere is ridiculous in price!

Hmmm, I am pretty sure mine had a hi/lo on it too. If I recall correctly it way down behind my left ankle.

Edit.... I hate getting old... I remember that dang lever and it had a metal ball cast on it but now I can't remember where it was for sure. Lol, I reckon this will keep me awake tonight. even though it doesn't matter...

Go look on Marvin Baumann's site I linked to up there. ^^^^

You'll see whichever one it was. He has a tractor he calls "four trans" I think it is. It ended up with more than four transmissions though because he used every single available aftermarket transmission on it. It lengthened the tractor's wheelbase. lol I think he got it to crawl at a rate of less than 12" an hour. It was stupid slow. But on the other end it was stupid fast.

-
Back