Kudos to phoenix specialty coatings(Leanna)

-

340srule

She just sent me photos of the valve covers i sent her to powercoat hemi orange/clear..man these things look "killer",Leanna once again thanks for a job WELL done,i'll certainly be using your services again..p.s send me some more bussiness cards,i'm sure i'll be handing them out at the track/shows this upcoming season,when people see the "NICE" work you do...Dave

IM004538.jpg

IM004539.jpg

Wow.... those look fantastic! Great job Leanne!

Hmmm.... I wonder how my valve covers would look cleared?
SMVC3_jpg2-vi.jpg

Dave, I'm delighted that you're happy with the results. It was a fun job to do ... I sure love that custom stuff. Not a bad turnaround time considering your powder just got here Wednesday afternoon! I'm hopeful they match your car to a "T." I'll put a hefty stack of business cards in the box for you, and thank you in advance for putting the word out whenever you can.

Thanks, too, for the kind words guys! Butter, if the drooling gets to be too much of a problem for Dave at the shows and races, maybe he'll get me to coat a spitoon to match! :toothy10: John, your valve covers would look just like they do now but you wouldn't have to polish 'em anymore.

I'm in the midst of getting all set up to do ceramic coatings on headers and manifolds too. More on that later as things get firmed up.

There's still a week left to get in on February's FABO 25% off discount on anything under the hood. The job doesn't have to be completed by the 29th but the parts need to be here by then to qualify. I probably won't run another special until May to celebrate PSC's first anniversary.

Thanks again for exhibiting confidence in my abilities Dave!!! It was indeed a pleasure.

Chick: As long as you do work like that you wont ever be cranking nuts(or bolts) at my shop. Those are very nice and i haven't heard mention of a price? I use the same cover on my BB and SB. Black with polished ribs.

Thanks SB! But I can still crank on nuts and bolts too as the need arises. (My dad was into stock cars and my only brother -- 6 years older -- never liked to get dirty. I grew up doing this stuff and love every minute of it.)

As far as prices go, every job is quoted individually because car parts are so diverse and people take care of them in different ways. There is a general Price List on my website at http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/page4.html to give you a ballpark idea of what a certain job will run. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss your specific needs and to get a quote. I try to keep my prices reasonable.

I have those same valve covers on my 340 too. Here's mine.

Chick: I went to your website and to my pleasant findings you are very reasonable on your prices. I'll be sending some stuff your way. Your close enough that i can just throw em in the bike and bring em to ya. I can leave here some saturday morning and drop stuff off and head for Beale Street. That is doable. It will be this summer. Looking forward to meeting you and yours.
Bill Stone
West Plains, Mo. 65775

woow nice! any performance gain from running taller covers?

Bill, we're only about 250 miles from you. Looking forward to meeting you as well!

n00b, taller valve covers themselves don't really add performance, but installing roller rockers underneath them sure will!

That's some of best advertising that can possibly be done. Showing the professional results of a class business! Those covers look great! I may even have to ship parts all the way from SoCal for that kind of work.

Small block and ocdart:

you guys will not be dissapointed. Leanna did some work for me and both her and her work are top notch and 100% professional!

That's some of best advertising that can possibly be done. Showing the professional results of a class business! Those covers look great! I may even have to ship parts all the way from SoCal for that kind of work.

Wow, thank you! Such nice comments from everyone -- it makes all the work (and 12-hour days like Friday was) worth it, believe me.

You're right though OC ... word of mouth is the best advertising that money can't buy, and I appreciate it more than you could know! I'd welcome having you as a new customer (I used to live in SoCal too) and will go above and beyond to make sure each and every one of you get exactly what you want for a price you can afford.

I have an OLD set of cal custom valve covers,and a mopar cast aircleaner i would like done.I would like them to look like the hemi orange ones you did,but will i have to get them stripped and polished before you can do your thing with them?There not perfect,but they are sentimental,and there old as dirt,but i would like them to look as good as possible

064.jpg

063.jpg

I have an OLD set of cal custom valve covers,and a mopar cast aircleaner i would like done.I would like them to look like the hemi orange ones you did,but will i have to get them stripped and polished before you can do your thing with them?There not perfect,but they are sentimental,and there old as dirt,but i would like them to look as good as possible

Toby, it'll save you money if you get them stripped down before you ship them over here. Of course, I'm not above getting dirty and I'm happy to do the work, but the more time and blasting media you save me, the cheaper your bill will be.

Please keep in mind that Dave polished his valve covers religiously before he sent them here (and did a beautiful job too!), but that's always something that can be done after your powder work is finished if some of the metal is left uncoated like his were.

Since your covers have obviously been painted, blasting all of that off is going to leave the entire surface a bit rough, so you might have a tough time polishing that out depending on what tools you have. Your air cleaner looks to be pretty clean though, with a lot less prep work involved. We can talk about your options whenever you're ready. Just give me a call.

The valve covers will be quick to strip,just a dip in some laquer thinner would have them to bare aluminum.As to what they look like under there,im sure they show there age,or i wouldnt have painted them (i might have been lazy back then,lol)but i think they would look better chrome powder coated i guess.Ill think about it,everybody seems to like my engine as is now,but my carbby needs desperate help,can you do some coating to it(reflective chrome maybe?)before i rebuild it,or am i stuck with it as is?I need to do something to it pretty quick!Oh yea,the fuel line is going bye bye,the distributor is new but looks like crap,and i dont like the look of the pulleys either.lol

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

just to give you guys some ideas , you are not limited to valve covers and air cleaners all though they are some of the most popular. here is my cutlass motor. All brackets, pulleys,carb spacer, and in this pic the hose ends even though i opted not to use those hoses in the end.. but like i said here some ideas for you, im sure Leanna can hook you up.

Also you might not be able to tell in this pic, but all the blue has a indigo in it and reflects most light.

p1030802jy1.jpg

reflecting

p1010575kn9.jpg

my carbby needs desperate help,can you do some coating to it(reflective chrome maybe?)before i rebuild it,or am i stuck with it as is?I need to do something to it pretty quick!Oh yea,the fuel line is going bye bye,the distributor is new but looks like crap,and i dont like the look of the pulleys either.lol

Toby, sorry for the delay in responding ... for some reason, I didn't get a notification of your reply.

The motor DOES look grand! Nice job!! Yes, the outside of your carb can be coated too, but I'd appreciate it -- and it would save you money -- if you could disassemble it first and just send me the housing and whatever other parts (linkage, etc.) you'd like done. The color choice is yours.

OldCarJunkie ... that Cutlass engine looks great! I love the metallic blue and how everything ties in. Thanks, too, for pointing out that there's really no limit to what can be coated. As long as it's metal and can withstand 450 degrees for a half hour, it can be powder coated in a huge variety of colors, textures and finishes.

Leanna what about wheels? Would clearing them work to cut down on polishing time? Would it cause problems with balancing weights? What media do you use to blast? I own a monument shop so I could do my own blasting. Those valve covers do look good.

Leanna what about wheels? Would clearing them work to cut down on polishing time? Would it cause problems with balancing weights? What media do you use to blast? I own a monument shop so I could do my own blasting. Those valve covers do look good.

CudaFS1, clearing your rims will not only cut down on polishing time, it'll eliminate it ... all they'll need after that is a quick swish with your car wash rag and a good rinsing.

Powdercoating is only a few mils thick, so it shouldn't interfere at all with the balancing weights (they'd need to come off to do the coating though). Since the weights are pretty flexible, they'll expand enough to be put back on; just be sure your tire guy knows the rims are clear coated so he doesn't pound them on so hard as to damage the coating.

I use a variety of blasting medias here, and what I use depends on the metal I'm blasting. For most jobs, I use either aluminum oxide or Black Beauty (black slag). Since you own a monument shop, doing your own blasting will make my job easier and your bill cheaper. Though routine blasting is always included in my quotes, excessive blasting jobs can result in additional charges. (See the Pricing & Shipping tab on my website for a better overall explanation.)

Thank you for the compliment! I love doing custom work like that.

And just so you all know, my website host provider (Dot5 Web Hosting) recently "transitioned" my site to a new platform -- whatever that means -- and a lot of people are now having trouble accessing the Gallery where all the work sample photos are. Rest assured, they're working on the problem so everything should be back to normal soon. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. [It's caused me a lot of inconvenience, I know that much! LOL I have a ton of new stuff to add to it.]

-
Back