KW,Ontario area members

-

jd340

Reaction score
Just finished reading the entire thread on skips dart in the resto forum. WOW! Anyway, got me to thinking.After seeing one of the before pictures, I see it was originally burgandy/dark red. Got me to thinking. My Dad's 69 340/4spd Swinger ended up in the Tri-Cities area in the mid-late 70s. He sold it 71 to Larry Dale here in Stratford, who then sold it to someone in Cambridge a few years later. At some point it ended up in Baden. At this point, it still sbp Cragar SS on it, which were stolen off it while it was in Baden. So, anybody down in that area, remember the car, or what became of it? As for the colour, dad has always desscribed it as "orangey red". I talked with Larry about it a couple years back, and above is the info I got from him. He's still got a pic of it, but didn't wanna give it up. Both him and Dad remember that car very fondly.If you've got any info, post away. Not necessarily looking to get it back at this time, I'd just like to know whatever happened to it.

If you have the VIN, go to the license bureau and purchase a used car history package, you'll have all the owners since day one.

Dad has hunted around, but hasn't found any paper work on the 69. He DOES have the sales invoice for the 70 340 Swinger he had PRIOR to the 69, though. Yep, he had 2 340 Swingers, the 70 was an auto, he traded it in on the 69, which was a 4 speed. The 69 was then sold in 71 when he got married! Stranger yet was the fact that his Swinger was sold instead of mom's 66 Mustang convertible, because the Swinger was worth MORE at the time. Funny how times change, eh? Might be time to visit Larry and refresh my memory and maybe his. He might have paperwork on the car.

As a side note, I thought the UVIP's only went to 80-81. Can anyone prove otherwise?

UHMMM? I recall one in the mid '80's, the owner was from New Hamburg, I can enquire for you, as I know him (somewhat). As I remember it, it was MtNemos twin car.

I've been living in Baden for 20 years. I could also ask Rudy Held (performance centre) if he recalls, and some of the OCC members to help track it down.

This pic was taken at Moparfest this past summer, this is MtNemo's Dart. (Thanks for the pic Bill). I don't believe this is the one you are looking for, but according to your description, this is what I'm picturing.

The VIN is the only certain way to know.

All the best,
Giles

Is that burnt orange metallic or turbine bronze on Bill's car? Either way, I've always loved it, and have seen it in person at Moparfest. I've only seen one pic of Dad's 69. It was taken sometime in the 70s so it's hard to make out colour.

BTW, Dad finally got back into the hobby last year with another 69. This one's just a lowline Custom, originally green on green. (surprise!) You guys might remember it from a London Kijiji ad last year. After spending 6 months in purgatory, it's back home in his garage for the winter. Next spring, we'll install the fresh interior, get it running right, and hit the road!

IMG_0015 (Small) (WinCE).JPG

-
Back