LA engine Magnum Heads Pushrods?

-
I believe 7.65 is what is recommended but there are a few variables that can alter that.

They are

Rocker arm type
Lifters (solids flat tappets take longer pushrods than hydraulics)
If and how much the block and/or heads have been milled

IMO you should always measure with an adjustable pushrod to verify exactly what YOUR engine needs. My LA with magnum heads, Harland sharp rockers, solid FT lifters and the block square decked to 9.59" ht. took 7.55" pushrods

Also keep in mind you heed to use lifters and pushrods that "oil through"

straightline im using 7.750s but thats with solids.1.6 Crane Gold rockers ball to ball with the comps #801-16 AMC,Chrysler P.S Dont use the 821-16s which have the hole in the cap only,can be used with the LA head due to oil feeding through the head bolt where with our combo it relies only through the lifter pushrod.

I am using hydraulic lifters so not sure how much that affects the length? Im also using the stock 1.6 ratio rockers and valve train.

Hi, I have used Elgin part # pr-278s they are listed for a Ford Boss engine. They measure 7.645. Seem to work fine with uncut surfaces and a thin head gasket.
I got mine for a $1.40 each.

I have a off beat question is there any difference in the air gap intakes between LA motors and Magnum motors. Is the bolt pattern the same?
Thanks guys Aaron

I have a off beat question is there any difference in the air gap intakes between LA motors and Magnum motors.
Thanks guys Aaron

Yes, LA heads are at a angle and magnum heads are straight up and down. You can buy heads or get yours drilled so it has both patterns this is in regards to the bolt pattern. Also the water necks and bypass hose location are different

Standard hydraulic or hydraulic roller?

Oh sorry standard hydraulic.

-
Back