LA valve covers

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Suggestions for good , leak free valve covers that would have the breather/oil hole in the front on the drivers side of the engine. Moroso, eddy elite and old Mopar blue stamped aluminum have all been leakers or won't clear hughes roller rockers.
What has worked for you?

Old Cal Customs.

With machined cyl head valve cover surface: fel pro cork rubberized with white lithium on gasket on the cyl head side.

With cast stock cyl head valve cover surface: Mopar Performance grey silicone with steel core. Dry on cly head side.

Attachments

• 3_9_11Sm06.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 184
I have the moroso blue silicone gaskets. On other engines they have been leak free. Just on my own engine they leak. Go figure.

I have a set of mopar performance black wrinkle VC on my 318

I like the mopar cast aluminum valve covers...either color

I am running eddys
on my eddys, I just happen to notice that the top of the gaskets,area around the bolt holes,actually run down into the area where the millwork for the valve covers ends. If you lay the gasket down, you'll see that the gasket is beng held up off of the machined area by the unmilled area heading towards the rocker stand. All I had to do was take the old tin snips and trim the interior side of the gaskets around the top two bolt holes and they fit perfect. Hope this helps you out, Mike

-
Back