LA versus Gen 3 race

-
IF THERE ARE any G3 hemis running 6’s in the quarter they 100% guarantee wouldn’t meet the race criteria anyway. I sure would like to see an example or 2 of G3’s running 6’s in the 1/4 if you care to provide them. If you haven’t already please look at the race criteria. Thanks
Yes, they are fairly narrow parameters. Might be tough to find a matchup.
Here's the first one running sixes, eight years ago. 4.5 in the eighth.
Video: Rob Goss Resets Gen III Hemi, X275 1/4-Mile Record

real good friend of mine built a quite trick Gen 3 N/A piece for NHRA super stock.
He put it in his Drag pack car( 3250 ish) and it had major teething issues. He was hoping it would go faster than mid 9’s like his “ little motor” had, but it didn’t run any better.
he sold the car, and just recently sold the “ big” motor to a different guy who is going super stock drag pack racing himself.
a certain famous, well known class racer engine builder in Indiana now has it, and is massaging it, fixing the issues it has. This guy does all the stuff for Doug Duell, among many others. He is no joke.
should run very, very low 9’s once sorted, NA, or better.

Having owned a couple of late model "muscle" cars, including a G3 hemi, I would bet on the LA powered Barracuda without a second thought. The new stuff is fun to drive, and has the creature comforts, but with the criteria that the OP has established, would not have a chance IMO.

Since i'm tired of hearing how great the Gen 3 is i'm proposing a heads up race of 500 dollars or could be more for one of two different race scenario's.......first being ANY Gen 3 factory setup in a modern Charger or Challenger platform 1/8th mile that is full weight with a 10 mile roundtrip cruise first, if deemed necessary, that was put in more for some of my top jealousy fans, and then a best of 3 back to back to back races with zero cool down periods and have to fill your car up with fuel before the drive and can't add anymore until the race aspect is over. Option number 2, which was also thrown at me by my top jealousy fan base is a N/A Gen 3 in an older car that is minimum 3200 lbs with driver and the other details remain the same. Obviously looking for something in the surrounding states of Kansas or Missouri as that would be most feasable but if someone wanted to come to me and drive farther then so be it. I personally feel a worked over N/A LA platform is more than capable and just plain superior to the modern marvel Gen 3 and so that is why I throw this out there. Some details of my truly street/strip car is that it is a stroked N/A small block with W9 heads, 28x10.5 tire and weighs approx. 3350 or more with me in it. Since it's already late in the racing season and winter is almost upon us the race would be held at a mutually agreed time sometime in the spring.
8F417917-7577-4236-90B6-3B5D11BE6F46.jpeg

5ABDBB28-7F25-4BEE-97F0-26BA3DCA8A5D.jpeg

2B7844DF-8F31-46C5-8BD1-D48E07216E6B.jpeg

716EB050-5A88-40E9-94CE-84F64F96F80F.jpeg

F4EEC7B1-9F17-4AF5-81E9-E3D44AEBCA3B.jpeg

DF197848-50F1-473F-92CE-4B98BC7251E4.jpeg

EF8E0F26-7D99-4CAA-9BA8-C29CB28B4413.jpeg

Here are some pics of the car, nothing fancy or radical…..just a common street/strip car that even my step daughter has driven around town a few times. Don’t be scared G3’s

Heck I don’t even know what half that fancy stuff is bolted on that engine. Is that a Chevy or something else with the distributor cap up front. Maybe a ford I’m thinking. Very nice car but she kinda looks scared. Lol

I like the idea of this. I am pretty comfortable in the knowledge that my '68 fastback with a little 360LA when done will walk all over my '16 392 Charger. It won't have the top speed, 3 gears and a 4.10 diff vs 8 gears and I can't remember the rear end gearing.

Here are some pics of the car, nothing fancy or radical…..just a common street/strip car that even my step daughter has driven around town a few times. Don’t be scared G3’s
just a common street/strip car
yeah they all run W9's/420 intakes and detuned? 900hp+ motors:rofl:
awesome it is though and in the right car, I always thought it would be cool to have something like that over here so I could blow away most of the 572BB guys today just like I did in the 80's with my street/strip Red 340 '71 Cuda when I blew away most of the 440 guys. I like your thinking on this whole deal albeit its somewhat one way perhaps, but why not.

RED '71 SANTA POD 80.jpg

just a common street/strip car
yeah they all run W9's/420 intakes and detuned? 900hp+ motors:rofl:
awesome it is though and in the right car, I always thought it would be cool to have something like that over here so I could blow away most of the 572BB guys today just like I did in the 80's with my street/strip Red 340 '71 Cuda when I blew away most of the 440 guys. I like your thinking on this whole deal albeit its somewhat one way perhaps, but why not.

View attachment 1716006672
Would LOVE a 70 OR 71 340 Cuda 4 speed car but my goodness if they are nice you better have a good relationship with your bank.

I don't know that I'd call it "common". :realcrazy: :lol:

Nice looking car. How are the front bars of the cage ran? Don't notice them in the pictures.
Thanks, and there are no front bars just door bars and is the reason why I can't race 1/4 mile legally although same applies to 1/8th but outlaw tracks around here are pretty lax and the speeds are substantially less in the 1/8th so they allow it. The 8 pt roll bar was put in the car initially when it ran mid 10's and since then the car has progressed some and obviously needs a complete roof halo and forward bars and at that point I would like some extended into the engine bay or maybe hidden in the inner fenders but none of that may happen as I have a 65 Belvedere 1 with a small block that has a 8.50 cage in it and I really do like cruising my Barracuda around so probably just stay the way it is.......smart? Probably not to be honest as it would not be good if something ever happened.

Heck I don’t even know what half that fancy stuff is bolted on that engine. Is that a Chevy or something else with the distributor cap up front. Maybe a ford I’m thinking. Very nice car but she kinda looks scared. Lol
LOL...I told her it will only go as fast as how far she pushes the gas pedal down....it took her a few minutes to start to feel somewhat comfortable and then ofcourse I was shifting which sucks from the passenger seat but most of all I just love her company. I think she is scared to stand on it though, lol, and I don't blame her on the street. :steering: :rofl:

LOL...I told her it will only go as fast as how far she pushes the gas pedal down....it took her a few minutes to start to feel somewhat comfortable and then ofcourse I was shifting which sucks from the passenger seat but most of all I just love her company. I think she is scared to stand on it though, lol, and I don't blame her on the street. :steering: :rofl:
My wife is scared to death of the Dart, of course I may have given her a good reason. LOL

-
Back