LA versus Gen 3 race

-
I wasn't addressing you, I was answering another members question. please go sit back down in the back of the class and raise your hand if you'd like to be called on.
Like I said you don't have anything to come out and play with the big boys and so you are soured and jealous because all the while you are being told how badass your G3 modern car is as you do burnouts on the city streets and when you leave the local G3 rainbow flagged event car shows.....sorry bud I tried to show you the way of how to be a badass but you just flat refuse to listen.

It would be less typing for you if you just came out and said I have nothing for this guy's car so I will just try to run him down instead with lies and BS
there's no lies or BS there. you typed all of that. you, or anybody else for that matter, can go back and look at your posts.

it's not my fault if you self identify with lies and BS.

I don't care who wins, because they're both MOPAR. I just want to see a good race

tenor.gif

there's no lies or BS there. you typed all of that. you, or anybody else for that matter, can go back and look at your posts.

it's not my fault if you self identify with lies and BS.
Please don't tell me that you don't have one of them famous "junkyard 700 dollar" G3 builds that dyno over 1500 hp and run 1/4 mile 7's all night long on pump gas.......is that not you?

Like I said you don't have anything to come out and play with the big boys and so you are soured and jealous because all the while you are being told how badass your G3 modern car is as you do burnouts on the city streets and when you leave the local G3 rainbow flagged event car shows.....sorry bud I tried to show you the way of how to be a badass but you just flat refuse to listen.
a valiant effort trying to goad me into an argument.

however, for your edification, I don't own a G3 car. I have a Toyota just like you. and a barracuda.

if yours is the "way of being a badass", respectfully no thanks, I'll pass.

in an effort to extend the olive branch may I offer a small piece of advice? double replying to posts makes you come off like an unhinged lunatic and that only erodes what little credibility you may have.

take your time and construct a concise and thoughtful rebuttal and people may start taking you seriously. right now it's very "old man yelling at clouds" vibe and I don't know if that's really what you're going for.

a valiant effort trying to goad me into an argument.

however, for your edification, I don't own a G3 car. I have a Toyota just like you. and a barracuda.

if yours is the "way of being a badass", respectfully no thanks, I'll pass.

in an effort to extend the olive branch may I offer a small piece of advice? double replying to posts makes you come off like an unhinged lunatic and that only erodes what little credibility you may have.

take your time and construct a concise and thoughtful rebuttal and people may start taking you seriously. right now it's very "old man yelling at clouds" vibe and I don't know if that's really what you're going for.
I love Toyotas......you get points with me for that.

Okay. A 1000 hp hellcrate in a dart, same weight as your barracuda.
Also a puchased motor in a light car.
Now that sounds like something a cheverolet guy would suggest. "I'll run my tube chassis, twin turbo, big block camaro against your leaf spring, naturally aspirated small block Mopar heads up............if you give me the hit. LOL

Now that sounds like something a cheverolet guy would suggest. "I'll run my tube chassis, twin turbo, big block camaro against your leaf spring, naturally aspirated small block Mopar heads up............if you give me the hit. LOL
Right!!!! I'm being serious with this next part and I want you to be 100% honest too....do you think my 2 options for a G3 race are unfair and biased towards me? If you do can you please suggest what needs to be done to make it better.

I offered 2 great race options BUT since nobody seems to have anything or is smart enough to know better then all I get is hateful bashing...oh well I will take that as a win then.
Does that mean we're done with this thread then? Congratulations!

Right!!!! I'm being serious with this next part and I want you to be 100% honest too....do you think my 2 options for a G3 race are unfair and biased towards me? If you do can you please suggest what needs to be done to make it better.
Biased? On the first part, yes. There probably aren't a double handful or less modern, full weight, street driven Gen lll cars in the country that will run with your car in the 1/8. Now if they challenged you to run the standing mile after the 1/8 mile drag race would it be biased to the modern car? Yes, IMHO.

On the second part, no bias at all. I haven't seen any tagged, insured and street driven n/a Gen lll transplants that run really hard.

Understand, that you could outrun every Gen lll in the country and the nut swingers here would still cry foul. LOL

I would actually like to see this one myself. Have you had any dyno time on that W9 and if so, what kind of numbers are we talking about?

Biased? On the first part, yes. There probably aren't a double handful or less modern, full weight, street driven Gen lll cars in the country that will run with your car in the 1/8. Now if they challenged you to run the standing mile after the 1/8 mile drag race would it be biased to the modern car? Yes, IMHO.

On the second part, no bias at all. I haven't seen any tagged, insured and street driven n/a Gen lll transplants that run really hard.

Understand, that you could outrun every Gen lll in the country and the nut swingers here would still cry foul. LOL
Thanks for putting that last sentence in there, lol, probably the most truthful part. :rofl:

I want to see a dyno race sometime. My buddy Tom Hemphill had some crazy horsepower engines on his dyno while he was living but I never went to see a pull in person.

I want to see a dyno race sometime. My buddy Tom Hemphill had some crazy horsepower engines on his dyno while he was living but I never went to see a pull in person.
If you get an average off of several dyno's, the engine will come close to the numbers on the track in a suitable drivetrain and chassis. Real close.

Saw this Dart convertible this spring…he drove it 85 miles to the track..spinning and pedaling it he made two 6.40 passes….I am guessing he was running E85

D26E36AB-9E3C-470A-938B-3B333100154C.jpeg

AC8A8835-8A18-4518-A906-C481CD0F1F7D.jpeg

Possibly.....looks like old school badass LA for the win as there appears to be no badass G3's out there.....oh well as I suspected
There's plenty of quick GIIIs out there. They've been running in the sixes for years. Probably very few street legal ones because real badasses don't build race cars for the street. And they don't race for $500. That was a decent purse for a street race 40 years ago.
Good luck, I hope you find a taker. It would be fun to see. If you increase the bet by a factor of ten, I think there would be a decent chance you'd get a race.

There's plenty of quick GIIIs out there. They've been running in the sixes for years. Probably very few street legal ones because real badasses don't build race cars for the street. And they don't race for $500. That was a decent purse for a street race 40 years ago.
Good luck, I hope you find a taker. It would be fun to see. If you increase the bet by a factor of ten, I think there would be a decent chance you'd get a race.
If 6's is for only race cars then ummmm ummmm ummmmm........what should I call my street/strip "could be" faster than that Barracuda? If I had a real intriguing race offer then the purse could be renegotiated if that's what both parties found necessary.

If 6's is for only race cars then ummmm ummmm ummmmm........what should I call my street/strip "could be" faster than that Barracuda? If I had a real intriguing race offer then the purse could be renegotiated if that's what both parties found necessary.
Sorry, sixes in the quarter. I don't know what they run in the eighth.
I'm thinking if you find someone interested who's far away, it might take renegotiating to get them to KC.

Sorry, sixes in the quarter. I don't know what they run in the eighth.
I'm thinking if you find someone interested who's far away, it might take renegotiating to get them to KC.
IF THERE ARE any G3 hemis running 6’s in the quarter they 100% guarantee wouldn’t meet the race criteria anyway. I sure would like to see an example or 2 of G3’s running 6’s in the 1/4 if you care to provide them. If you haven’t already please look at the race criteria. Thanks

-
Back