Ladder bar coil over kit.

-

kingvern

Reaction score
what is the best ladder bar coil over set up for running and ease of installation. I have the HDK front coil over kit with double adjustable coil overs. My car is a 71 dart 4 door. Also what weight of spring should I get for the rear. Fronts are 400#. Any info would be helpful. Thanks Vern

Call Art Morrison & talk to one of the techs. Tell them what you are looking for & what the car will be used for. (i.e. Street, strip, or both) I've dealt with them on many occasions & they have never steered me wrong.

I run 12" / 175lb rear springs on my Summit/ QA1 knock-off double adjustable coil overs.

Demonracer has the right idea.

Having installed 4 sets of ladder bars each being a different brand...there is really not much difference in them...some have 5 adjustment holes in the front..some have 3...the rear brackets that weld to the housing can be a little different ...but basically these things are minor....it is all about getting them on SQUARED to the car...

Does this car have frame connectors?....

Chassis Works has an article in their catalog that shows a ladder bar install on a Chevelle..

Were are using 110 lbs springs in the rear with QA1 DA shocks...One car has a HDR coil over shock kit..and one car has Gerst coil over shock kit..both with DA shocks..

What are better for traction on the street. 4 link or ladder bar. I'm running 600hp at the fly wheel and I want this car to hook the best it can on the street and track.

What are better for traction on the street. 4 link or ladder bar. I'm running 600hp at the fly wheel and I want this car to hook the best it can on the street and track.

IMO 4 link.

I have a fuel cell. I'm just not sure I have the skills to install and tune that one.
it's actually pretty easy and the instructions from Gerst break it down about as well as any I've seen. Tuning isn't bad. I had a triangulated one from summit in my charger, I actually thought that was harder to install than this one.

you ain`t gonna run that w/ a stock tank! LOL
Surprisingly, depends on the car and the year. A bodies actually used 3 different tanks, one actually does clear, it was discussed in another thread to length, I'll see if I can find it

Surprisingly, depends on the car and the year. A bodies actually used 3 different tanks, one actually does clear, it was discussed in another thread to length, I'll see if I can find it

That......I would like to see....some say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

In regards to tank. Look into Hot Rod City Garage. They make factory replacement tanks for our cars out of welded aluminum. They are baffled and have an in and out and a mopar compatible sending unit.

They will make any custom mods you want. For instance my tank needed a slight mod to clear the cover of my dana 60 rear since I moved the rear end back 1.5".

In regards to tank. Look into Hot Rod City Garage. They make factory replacement tanks for our cars out of welded aluminum. They are baffled and have an in and out and a mopar compatible sending unit.

They will make any custom mods you want. For instance my tank needed a slight mod to clear the cover of my dana 60 rear since I moved the rear end back 1.5".
It dont bother me, i'm running a fuel cell and no spare tire well so i've got plenty of room..

Denny, I'll see if i can find those pics, it was on facebook so give me a bit to find them.

It dont bother me, i'm running a fuel cell and no spare tire well so i've got plenty of room..

I had them make my cell narrower but with no spare tire well. So my pretty much factory tank is still under the car, I didn't lose the trunk, factory fuel fill is used. But it fits my tailpipe for the relocated springs. Still holds about the same amount of fuel.

I had them make my cell narrower but with no spare tire well. So my pretty much factory tank is still under the car, I didn't lose the trunk, factory fuel fill is used. But it fits my tailpipe for the relocated springs. Still holds about the same amount of fuel.
nice, are the SCCA certified?

That I don't know. I'm not familiar with that sanctioning bodies rules. If they allow aluminum cells these would surely pass. They are of impeccable quality and materials.

This was the first one I bought from them. Note the spare tire well and the factory fuel line location.

The 2nd one had no spare tire well and is narrower. It also has a rear sump.

gas tank.jpg

The 2nd one. A little hard to see but you can see the rear sump and the difference in width.

10685553_10204960777048563_439296892838861523_n.jpg

that is a nice looking narrowed fuel tank....with a hint of "factory" looks.

good find.

I'll be ordering a custom tank from hot rod city garage once I get my GTS 4 link installed. OP there are a lot of good and even better options out there. I like the ability to really fine tune things personally. It's more work up front but better for the car in the long run in my opinion. I'll be running a 200lbs spring in the rear but I'm setting my car up for autocross.

16-20? Same as stock tank I think. You'd have to check their site or ask.

-
Back