Ladder bars

-

RussDavis

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what length bars for a 65 Baracuda? Try to have all the parts before I start. Thanks

You could call S & W, or one of the other chassis shops, who make them or custom make them your self..........length, I would guess, would be dependent on where you establish anchorage points, desired wheel base, rear end housing

Others may know more

Why do you want ladder bars ? Mopars don't need ladder bars ! they are a waste of time and money . If you have coilovers then you need ladder bars or a 4 link . Take a look at street Mopars and then look at Mopars at Lebanon Valley Dragway and you will find a leaf spring rear with a pinion snubber . We run a 10 second 'Cuda on the street with leaf/snubber set up . Coilovers SUCK on the street . If you MUST change your rear suspension please look at Cal-Traks , $325.00.

Why do you want ladder bars ? Mopars don't need ladder bars ! they are a waste of time and money . If you have coilovers then you need ladder bars or a 4 link . Take a look at street Mopars and then look at Mopars at Lebanon Valley Dragway and you will find a leaf spring rear with a pinion snubber . We run a 10 second 'Cuda on the street with leaf/snubber set up . Coilovers SUCK on the street . If you MUST change your rear suspension please look at Cal-Traks , $325.00.

Bought a narrowed rear all ready set with ladder bars. Just looking at what it takes to install. I have the floater brackets.

For ur information, caltracs suck on the street too, but a little better than ladder bars.

Why do ladder bars and Caltras suck on the street? Honest question,never heard that......

Plenty of people drive ladder bars and caltracs on the street. They aren't as street friendly as stocks leaf spring suspensions, but there are always compromises when building hotrods.

Ladder bars limit the rear suspension's articulation when entering/exiting driveways or going over bumps. Does this mean they 'suck?' It's all a matter of personal preference.

I've been told caltrac suspension can to stiff on the street, though I've never driven one. I've been told back the preload off or using some heater hose on the tube that contacts the leaf spring can help.

9 second big block Duster. Caltracs moved onto frame rails. Leaf spring sliders with a spooled Dana 60. Launches straight every time on a 9 inch slick. Foot brake car. Adjustable front shocks and stock type shocks on the rear, no pinion snubber.

tiresmoke.JPG

9 second big block Duster. Caltracs moved onto frame rails. Leaf spring sliders with a spooled Dana 60. Launches straight every time on a 9 inch slick. Foot brake car. Adjustable front shocks and stock type shocks on the rear, no pinion snubber.

View attachment 1715259198
you probly have a bunch of front end travel, I don't have any , yet.
Mine is set up as a street car , but has supposedly 755 h.p. (3 diff. engine programs, but not dyno`d), fun ride on the street tho !

-
Back